Thursday, January 21, 2010

Marian Gaborik vs Daniel Carcillo?



That just doesn't sound right....

But it happened tonight...I'm a loyal Rangers fan...My father, a loyal Flyers fan...I always make it a point to watch Rangers vs Flyers..."Kids, go to bed...You shouldn't see your father like this!"

I'm not one of those softies that thinks fighting should go away in hockey...I'm all for it...But there are certain guys who fight...And certain guys who don't...Tonight Gaborik had just his second fight of his career...And honestly it wasn't really a fight...It was just Carcillo punching Gaborik repeatedly, until he fell to the ice...

Gaborik, a sniper...Carcillo, a guy who wouldn't be in the NHL if he could fight the way he does...Nothing wrong with being that guy Carcillo...Love most guys like that...But Not Carcillo...Not when you pull a bitch move like he did tonight...He grabbed Gaborik from behind, got in front of him...The jostled...Gaborik tried to push him off...They dropped the gloves and Carcillo started pounding...A couldn't believe Gaborik actually got his gloves off before hitting the ice...




After the players were in the penalty box...Dubinsky from the Rangers let Carcillo know what he thought of him...The whole thing started when Dubinsky was scuffling with a couple Flyers after the play...If you can read lips...Dubinsky told Carcillo he was a, "F**king P*ssy!"


Rangers coach John Tortorella said about the same thing to the Flyers bench...

If I was out there...The next shift Daniel Briere was out there for...I would him grabbed him and pounded the shit out of him...You see, Briere plays a similar game to Gaborik...Then my next shift...Either Jeff Carter, or Mike Richards is getting it...Sorry, but you go after my top scorer, I'm taking a couple of yours...

The Rangesr played tough, in their 2-0 loss...But not tough enough...Like I said, I'm all for fighting...But a thumper jumping a guy like Gaborik is a bitch move...And the Blue shirts needed to get some revenge...But I don't think they did...Sean Avery did drop the gloves with Carcillo...Say what you want about Avery...But he's a team player...



I like Torts, but there are times I wonder why I'm not coaching this team...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: