Sunday, December 27, 2009

Monday Moaning

I'd like to start this week by thanking the You Gab Sports community for voting me their Blogger of the year...It was a lovely ceremony... http://yougabsports.com/pt/FESTIVUS-Has-Arrived-Awards-for-People/blog.htm

It was great just to be nominated...But it's even better winning! Ha!

It was a busy week...Lets start with...

THE BEEZE'S CHRISTMAS UNWRAPPED...

After slinging some lunches out of The Fish House...I had a couple Christmas Ales...Went home, took the kids outside to spread some reindeer food...What you never heard of it...Just take some bird seed and some shiny sprinkles, mix them up, and let the kids throw them all over the yard so Santa's reindeer know where the hell to go...

Then I made some food for guests that were coming over...Then I cracked open a Christmas Ale...The kids and I checked the NORAD site repeatedly to see where the fat man was...I opened some more Christmas Ales...Got people out of my house...Got the kids to bed...Had a Christmas Ale...Then the wife and I did the big setup...From the looks of all the sh!t under the tree, we did our part for the economy, and now we'll be scraping by for the next couple months...Then I gave the Mrs. a pounding with my Yule Log...Got another Christmas Ale, and started working on putting together the bike we got for my daughter...

Not a bad job considering I was sh!t faced by the time I was done...

Christmas morning came quick...It started with the little Beeze saying, "Look I was on the nice list!" He had opened 5 presents before I even had my eyes completely open...It was insanity for about 30 minutes...Then the coffee was brewing and I was taking toys out of their packages...Do they really need to be strapped in the boxes that tightly...Do we really need to have 6 different sized screwdrivers for all the different battery hatches...Dear God! Then I took a nap...By noon I was no longer drunk, just hungover...Just in time to get ready to go to dinner...First year in 6 that I wasn't cooking, and I loved it!

The kids had a great Christmas...The wife was happy with all her gifts...I was happy with mine...Well, all except one...You may remember the wife and I have made a New Year's resolution to both lose weight...If I lose a certain amount, she promised to give up the holiest of holes! So what do I unwrap on Christmas morning? A deep fryer...Girl is trying cheat...But I won't be stopped!

Now, onto the Cleveland Browns...They gave their fans a nice present for Christmas...Mike Holmgren...This may be the best move they've made since their return...There's been a lot of talk about Holmgren giving Eric Mangini the boot...I haven't been Mangina's biggest supporter, but I think it may be a bad move to bounce him after only one year here...It's not like he walked into a team full of talent...And in the last month the Browns defense has shown some balls...The other big factor is we all should have known it would take some time to turn things around...Mangini set the team up with 11 picks in the upcoming draft...He knew this pile of crap needed depth, and like all coaches he wants his type of players...It may not be popular, by I think he should get a second year...Besides that, do the Browns really need another ex-coach on the payroll...I believe they're still paying two other dolts!

Other NFL news...the Steelers looked out of it just a couple weeks ago...Now all the sudden they're back in the Wild Card hunt...Way to sh!t the bed Ravens!

The Patriots seem to be hitting their playoff stride, as they beat the hell out of the Jaguars Sunday...

And is there any team that is more Jekyll & Hyde then the New York Giants...They've been all over the map this year...Couple good games...Bunch of bad games...Win here, lose there...They can't seem to get in a rhythm...I thought they might have found it last week, but then B-Dubs Panthers rolled into Giants Stadium and beat the living sh!t out of them...

And Mercury Morris and all his buddies can rest easy...The Colts called it quits on going for a perfect season...Why? I don't know...Hell, I don't care...F**k them! But who was that hack playing QB instead of Manning? What a slug!

The big news in College Football this week...Urban Meyer decided to step down as coach of the Florida Gators due to health concerns...Only to go Brett Favre two days later and say it's a leave of absence, and he'll be back...You know what...Whatever...I don't care...Do whatever you want, but don't keep calling the media every other day...I'm already sick of you Urban!

A bit of news on the little Beeze...Besides him making the nice list...We were informed Sunday evening that he would like to be an underwear model...Yep, he was striking poses and cracking his mother up...I gave him a 2 bits of advice...Stuff a sock in there...And start working on your abs...

Now, back to Christmas...I've always loved this time of year...If you celebrate Christmas...Don't stop...You see, I always would get down Christmas night...Because after all the fuss, it's all over so quickly...Well folks, there's 12 days of Christmas...Those days start on Christmas, and go to January 6th...Just thought I'd remind people Christmas wasn't always a commercial deal...It actually started as a religious thing...The 12 days took you from Christmas to the Feast of the Epiphany...Google that sh!t if you don't believe the dude who spent 12 years in Catholic prison...I mean school...

I'd like to close with a vote...Which of these two Christmas songs is more annoying...

This...



Or This...


Let me know...

Later, The Beeze.

6 comments:

aking said...

Glad to hear you had a nice christmas. It was a bit hectic but all in all it was good. I love the hippopotamus song and hate the donkey song.

"McSpazz" said...

More annoying or least tortuous? Either way the winner is the Hippo by it's big fat wang.

Christmas does go by way to fast and I wish it wouldn't for most of the poor saps in the world. As so many people seem so miserable. Complaining is a popular theme these days, but I make sure our family celebration last from Christmas Eve all the way through New Years Day.

Congrats on the award it is well deserved. I look forward to another year following the life, times, opinions and humor of the Beeze.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Glad things were good aking, even if they were hectic...How can it be Christmas without some crazieness?

Thanks Evan, Glad I'm not alone in the celebrating.

Anonymous said...

More annoying? I'll go with the hippo ... heck, this was my first time with the donkey song!

Congrats on the You Gab Sports award!

Congrats! Even through the many Christmas ales, you were able to appear festive for the kids in the morning.

Break up the Browns as they are on a roll. Plus the NFL granted them permission printing playoff tickets for next year.

Still can't believe ownership hired the coach before the GM (last year). I'm not a Browns fan, but I do respect the loyalty of the fans. Too bad the organization has such a lousy owner. Holmgren has got to help!

Urban Meyer's 24-hour waffling episode is right out of DC politics --- claiming "family first" then behaving against it. I respected the initial announcement, but simply shook my head at the end.

Well done Beeze ... and an early Happy New Year greeting to you.

By the way, you may enjoy this post I did the other day:http://afrankangle.wordpress.com/2009/12/28/on-the-glory-of-25-and-50-years-ago/

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks Frank, and Happy New Year to you too!

I'll be stopping by soon.

EK said...

Congrats on the award, and good luck on reaching your goal.