Sunday, August 14, 2011

Monday Moaning



Okay, I have no idea what the hell to write about...Normally I have some sort of ideas running through my head when I start my Monday post...Hell, sometimes I have notes written out...But this week I got nothing...

I could write about pre-season football, but 1. I haven't seen any of the games, and 2. it's only pre-season...The Browns beat the Packers, but I'm not walking around with a boner...It's pre-season...

Things are getting crazy around the Beeze household, with school starting on the 25th...Cheerleading has started for my oldest 2 days a week, and Little Beeze's Flag Football practices are 4 days a week...I get to run them around, with baby in hand, and she is getting heavy, with her little thunder thighs...The Little Beeze is not enjoying Football as much as he enjoyed Baseball...I've already talked him out of quitting twice...We'll see how it goes...

I has considered writing about this talk of Texas A&M moving to the SEC, but it seems everyone involved is talking in circles, and you can't seem to get real details...The SEC aren't inviting them in, but they would consider it in the future...A&M isn't asking in, but they would like in...And they are salty about the Texas Longhorn Network, which is one of the reasons they want out of the Big-12, but they haven't formally requested it...

Huh...Whatever! This seems to have people talking about the hopes that some have, of there being 4 "SUPER conferences"...These 4 super powers would have their own playoff system, and most likely, any Independent (Notre Dame) and any team not in one of these 4 conferences would be on the outside looking in, no matter what their record was...I'm not the biggest fan of the BCS, but I don't know how good it would be to have a giant Big-10...a giant SEC...a giant Pac-10...and a giant what, ACC/Big East? Would the Big-12 be swallowed up?

I don't think that idea would stop our traditional post-season debate...It'll just create new problems to bitch about...

Moving along, this road to no where...Earlier in the week I posted THIS question...

In Baseball, Dan Uggla's hit streak ended, so now Baseball has no story that will keep NFL talk from taking over almost all of Sports Center now...Yep, it's back to that time of the year...The tail-end of the Baseball season, and playoffs will be overshadowed by America's #1 love of Football...Baseball may be our National Pastime, but Football is our National Love...Why wouldn't it be...We have become a violent society, and what better then sport that guarantees some violence on every single play...

Awhile back I posted my personal top 5 Beatles songs...I thought I'd dig into some more classic rock this week, and put up my top 5 Rollings Stones songs...

1. "Paint it Black"




2. "Gimme Shelter"




3. "Wild Horses'




4. "Shattered"




5. "Get Off of My Cloud"




Feel free to share yours...

Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: