Sunday, August 7, 2011

Monday Moaning

Each week I try to make Monday Moaning fun, it least part of it, if only the opening picture...But this week, after the picture, we're going to get serious for a minute...

I would consider myself a fucking asshole if I didn't write a bit about the 30 U.S. military members who killed in Afghanistan this weekend...22 of those 30 were Navy SEALS...They went in to help a Army Rangers who had come under heavy fire...They subdued the attackers and were on their way out, when their chopper was struck by at least one RPG...It went down, and they are all gone...

Just a bit of cold harsh reality for everyone out there who thought this shit was over after Bin Laden got whacked...It's not! 10 years our country's best, and bravest have been fighting in that shit-hole, and there's no end in sight...And for our best and bravest, it's not over for them when they finally make it home from that hell...Remember that!

Should I lighten the mood now?

Here's a blog I did on BUMPER_STICKERS...

Then Friday night I took on LeBron_James_&_Tim_Tebow...Those two chicken shits haven't gotten back to me via Twitter yet...Cowards!

My pal Irish Shu posted a good blog Michael_Floyd...I have to say, the kid is one of the elite receivers in college, and he plays for my team, but he got off to easy...

Another blog this weekend brought up Carson Palmer...People have been taking shots at the guy, and as much as it pains me, I have to defend him...People want to bring up honoring his contract...Ummm, he left the money on the table...He isn't getting paid now...

Besides that, when have teams honored contracts...The NFL doesn't have those nice MLB guaranteed contracts...Players are cut every year and the teams are off the hook for the cash...I'm so tired of that lame and wrong argument...

Palmer has put up with a horrible organization...With horrible facilities...With a horrible front office...with horrible coaches...And a roster full of criminals...Why should he put up with anymore crap? He has every right to ask for a trade or release...And every right to retire if the team doesn't give that to him.

Tiger Woods was in North East Ohio this weekend...I thought he was coming to play Golf, but this was the first thing he said when he showed up...




Oh, and Tiger, how did that feel seeing the guy you fired, rolling with the winner this weekend? Just another bruise on that giant ego!

Last week I talked about being happy to see the Indians and Pirates actually be buyers before the trade deadline...Now look, the Indians blew 2 out of 4 in Boston, and they kept trying to hand games to Texas this weekend...And Pittsburgh...Holy shit have they fallen apart...It's slipping away for both teams...

And as much as I love Boston, and I love that the Red Sox have owned the Yankees this year, I'm really getting tired of ESPN and the MLB Network trying to force this rivalry on us...NO one cares anymore, except fans of those two teams...It's hard to be a rivalry when there is no tension between the teams...Christ Jeter gets called out at second, and he smiles, taps Pedroia on the ass...That's not a rivalry, that's just Jeter saying he's tired of chicks and wants a dick in his mouth!

That's all for now...Oh yeah, and remember...





Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: