Sunday, April 17, 2011

Monday Moaning

So here I sit, late Sunday night and wondering what to write about...First let me start with linking an outburst I had last week, in case you missed IT...

What else happened? The Mrs. and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary...We had a great dinner at the Fish House since that's where this whole thing began...The took great care of us, really hooked us up...Christ, they should have since I've spent 15 years working for them...

Then there was the Hockey...Yes, the NHL playoffs have not been going as well as I would have liked...Mainly since the Rangers are down 2-1...They squeaked out their first win Sunday afternoon...The big problem is the same one they've had all year...They are struggling to score...They're also really missing Ryan Callahan...Kid played on the Penalty Kill, the Power Play, and they couldn't get his regular shift out there enough...Callahan was injured at the end of the season, blocking a shot...One of the probably 200 he blocked all year...

Chris Drury is back from injury, but he's covered in rust...Gaborik who has battled injuries all year, and his whole career has had tons of ice time, with little to show for it...Goalie Henrik Lundqvist has spent all year caring the team, and he's going to have to do it through the playoffs if the Rangers are going to go anywhere...

The Bruins have not looked like the same team they did during the regular season, and the Habs are loving it...I was thinking the Chicago Blackwawks could really shake up the experts and knock-off the Canucks, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen, as Vancouver is up 3-0...

Moving on, Baseball season is in full swing now...We're a couple of weeks in and the monotony is already setting in...I know people love Baseball and Hell I do, but the season seems too long for me...Thankfully there is Fantasy Baseball, which helps me stay focused...I know people think I should be fired up about Baseball since the Indians are doing so well, but I'm not sold...It's early, and I don't thing the young rotation will be able to keep tearing it up like this...Plus I really hate those red hats they wear at home on weekends...Not to sound like a gay fashion guy, but they just look bad!

Oh, and on the topic of Baseball...There was that awful incident with the Giants fan getting beat down by Dodger fans...First, Just another reason to hate LA...Second, Now teams are getting rid of there half-priced beer nights, and are talking about cutting back beer sales...Fuck that for a couple reasons...1. Once again, the many are being punished because of the acts of a few...2. I don't know if you've noticed but there have been a lot of empty seats in the Baseball Stadiums this year...Even places like Wrigley...These teams need to do whatever they can to get people to show up, and cheap beer works...And cheap is a relative term....They over-charge so much for beer, that even half-price isn't that great!

You know, some things aren't the fault of booze...They're simply the fault of stupid fucking idiots!

Some thing else I need to get off my chest..."The Royal Wedding" Fuck this shit...Fuck the Prince, and this skirt he's banging...Most importantly, fuck the media that has been building this shit up for the last two months...Why is there a story about this on the evening news, in the United States, every fucking night...

These twats aren't our powerless, figureheads...They belong to England, yet the U.S. media just keeps cramming this shit down our throats...And then of course there are the mindless Americans that actually care...They act like this wedding, this marriage, is going to do something amazing to the world...It's not dummies...It's not going to bring world peace...It won't fix the economy, here or world wide...It won't save Japan from breaking into a million Nuclear reactive pieces...It has no meaning or long-term affect on anything, except for the lives of these two dopes who are getting hitched...

Oh, please talking head, news reporter, please list the guest list snubs...My day won't be complete until I know which waste of sperm isn't invited to the shindig...Sweet Jesus, please do another story on how the Bride's life will change once she marries the Prince! Here, I'll knock it out real quick for ya...Bitch is gonna be rich as fuck, and not have to work for anything for the rest of her life! Done...

Why the fuck is America so enamored by the country our Forefathers fled from?

Now I'll close with a Brit song...




Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: