Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eating My Words...Maybe a Bit...

Back on Monday, I wrote that the Red Sox coming to Cleveland would be the best medicine for the Sox...Here we are Thursday evening, and the Sox have been swept by the Indians...The first two games, the Indians hammered the Red Sox pitching staff...Today, Jon Lester pitched his ass for the Sox...Too bad for Boston Fausto Carmona did the same for the Tribe...

Both threw 7 scoreless innings and were outstanding...Then in the 8th the Red Sox bullpen broke down, by bullpen I mean Daniel Bard, and Adam Everett scored on a squeeze...Bard walked Everett...Everett stole second...Was bunted over to third by Orlando Cabrera...Then Astrubal Cabrera laid down the squeeze bunt...The Indians pen held on to the win...

The Indians are now 4-2...The Red Sox are 0-6...And I'm in shock...But with that said, I'm not going to become Johnny Cleveland...I don't think 4 wins means that the Indians are the greatest team around...And the Red Sox may be winless, but I don't think they're done...

Stay positive Red Sox Nation...Just remember the "Laser Show"...




And Poor Heidi Watney, she was not a fan of Cleveland's fatty cuisine....




It's kinda nice to see the Cleve keeping Boston on it's toes, but it's not gonna last...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: