Friday, January 2, 2015

In Other News...



So, we're looking at a battle of the O's....

Oregon vs. Ohio State for College Football's new and improved National Championship...Go ahead and guess who I'm rooting for....Well shit, when these final four teams were picked I said then I was going with the Ducks....I hate FSU and Winston...Wow did he look like a fool! I hate Alabama and SEC country, which put me in the odd spot of rooting for Ohio State Thursday night...But you won't see me doing that again...Gotta strap on some green, or whatever damn color scheme the Ducks will be wearing for the big game!  I'm all in...Deep down inside I was meant to live in the Pacific Northwest!

-Earlier in the day I popped on the Cotton Bowl...But I quickly turned it off...1. ESPN has decided to change their in-game scoreboard graphic, which was taking up an eighth of the screen...2. They were playing the Cotton Bowl...But they weren't playing in the Cotton Bowl...It just didn't look right...I know this isn't the first time, but I'm old-school...You play the damn Cotton Bowl in the Cotton Bowl....

-Luckily there was something much better on TV to watch...The Winter Classic...



I had no rooting interest...Ok, slightly...Caps Goalie Braden Holtby is on my fantasy team, so I was glad to see him get the win...Also, the jerseys the Caps wore were the best looking ones they've ever had....The Blackhawks Jersey just had slight changes to their classic style...

The Winter Classic has become one of something the NHL has done well over the last few years...


I know they added extra outdoor games last year, and I feared it would be over-kill, but they haven't ruined it yet....Yet, is always a key word with the NHL...


-Earlier this week the Notre Dame Fighting Irish did their best to salvage their Football season...It started well, but the wheels fell off after the loss the FSU....But they managed to beat LSU...I hate LSU, LSU fans, and the SEC gasbags that will tell you a 4 loss SEC team should be in the National Championship over an undefeated team from anywhere else...So, while not thoroughly impressed with my Irish, I was still very pleased to beat those ass-hats...A win is a win...A win over a SEC team is even sweeter!

-So, it is 2015...Still feels a lot like 2014...2014 sucked for the most part in my own little world...I have hopes that 2015 is much better...The Holidays blew past me...It was a blur...For the first time in my life, I really didn't enjoy the Christmas season...I hate that feeling...Christmas Eve and morning I enjoyed seeing the kids enjoyment...but when it was all over, and Christmas night when everyone was in bed, I sat in my chair depressed...Not wanting it t o end, because I felt like I missed most of it...I stayed up late watching the last glimpses of Christmas movies...Sadly the last thing playing on TV was Christmas with the Kranks...Wow did that blow...

So, while I never make New Year's resolutions, this year I will...One, to get healthier...Two, no matter how, busy, tired, frustrated, and whatever else, I will get into, and enjoy the Christmas season of 2015 and not just get it done...Three, I'll win the fucking Lotto!

I hope you all had a great New Years...At least better then this fool's...




And I hope by now, you aren't still feeling like this...



Have a week...

Have a great 2015...

The Beeze.

No comments: