Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Moaning



So, I took Monday off and saved my moaning for today...I sat at home Thursday night, just after dinner, and turned on the Nightly News on NBC...They lead off with the New England Patriots and their under-inflated footballs...Annoyed quickly I switched to ABC...They too were talking about the balls in New England, so I went to CBS, which honestly, I never watch...And yes, their lead story was also the soft balls in New England...What the fuck has this country become!?!

There are wars going on...Terrorists lopping off heads in the Mid-East...Murders going on every day, in every state of this country...Scientific breakthroughs and debates...an entire city (Washington DC) full of liars, cheaters, and thieves...There is important news going on everywhere, but the TV execs all decided to lead with footballs that were under-inflated...I was having a pretty good day until I realized just how stupid we are, that we let our news outlets get away with this shit...

So, while I have an opinion or two on this topic, I'm not going to write about it...I was actually thinking, this would be a great "Super Bowl"...Now, I don't give a shit...And while my wife is originally from Boston, and I have shown some slight allegiance to that town, I did sign my fandom over to the Seahawks a couple years ago....So I will be rooting for the Seahawks...Sorry Bostonians...

Okay, just one more thing on the soft footballs...Does anyone think that Bill and Brady were having fun talking to the media Thursday?




'Okay Bill, lets see how many times we can get away with saying balls, and make it sound dirty!'

Fucking Balls!

-So, while the media is talking about nonsense for another week before the "Super Bowl," the NHL has another one of their showcase events this weekend...Friday night they have their All-Star draft...the team captains draft their teams of those who were picked for the All-Star game...Saturday is the Skills Competition, which is almost always better then the actual game which will be Sunday...The game is much less physical and lacks defense...Goalies are just hung out to dry...

-One of the things we've been dealing with here is that our son has been diagnosed with a form of attention deficit...In second grade they said he was borderline...But it has gotten worse this year...Especially at school...Last year he had all A's and B's with an occasional C...This year it's been a struggle to keep his grades up...We've talked to the doctor a few times, and have tried a couple different meds...We're also trying to change his diet, which he wants no part of...But eating healthier could help a bit...

The only time he is locked in, and focused, and not distracted by anything is when he is drawing, working with clay, or playing games like Minecraft where he is building things...It's amazing how he can visualize things and just make it...Thursday he made this out of clay...



This character is called Foxy the Pirate...I am totally amazed by his talent...

I've been reading a lot about dealing with what he's going through...One description of it is like have six TV's on and not being able to focus on one...He has little quirks that honestly, I find annoying...But he can't control them, and some of them are his way of working through things...So what I've been discovering is what I need to do, (and it's not easy) is work on me...How I deal with him...How I except his quirks and not say, "knock it off, pay attention!"  It's also good that he knew he was having a problem...He was more then willing to go and talk to the doctor and try the meds...Which he never is...

It's a work in progress but I feel like we can get through it, and hopefully get to a point where he won't need meds...And I'm thrilled they haven't hindered his artistic ability...

The kid is amazing!

That's all I've got right now...

Have a weekend!

the Beeze.

No comments: