Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Beeze's College Pick'em (week 3)



This week's pick'em is going to be shorter...There just aren't that many games I like...And you don't bet just to bet...You gotta be smart about it...Last week I was right on 75% of my games...I'm not going to throw a bunch a games out there for ya if I wouldn't bet them myself...We'll start this week with a tough one...


-Georgia Tech at Notre Dame....

GT walks into South Bend as 2.5-3 point favorite...They are only the favorite because of the loss of Irish starting QB, Malik Zaire...That said, with or without Zaire, this game was always going to hinge on how well the Irish defense plays against the pesky Tech offense...GT is 8-3 in road openers...The Irish have a commanding lead in this series, with a 27-6-1 record...The Yellow jackets will push Notre Dame...This game will come down to the wire...I think the Irish can pull it out...Take them getting the 3 points...



-Memphis at Bowling Green...

Yep, Bowling Green has become my go-to to team when looking at games to bet...The Falcons put up points...They can run with almost anyone...BGSU is 8-1 hosting non-conference teams since 2010...Memphis is a helluva team flying under most people's radar...They can rack up the points as well...But I think they may meet their match this week...Take the Falcons getting 3 points....



-Northern Illinois at Ohio State...

NIU is 5-4 versus Big Ten schools over the last six years...Ohio State is 19-0 against MAC schools since 2000, but they have had a number of issues covering the spread...NIU isn't Hawaii...They'll put up a fight...Take the Huskies plus the 35 points...



-BYU at UCLA...

These are two really good teams...And if we have learned anything over the first two weeks of the season, when it comes to BYU, throw all the analytics out the window...AND, and don't care who they are playing, there is no logical reason to have them as 16.5 point underdog...This game will be on TV at 10:30 (est)...Take BYU plus the 16.5 points and enjoy the hell out of the show these two teams put on...





-There are other big games...Ole Miss at Alabama...'Bama is a 7 point favorite...I just don't trust them yet, and I'm not sure what to think of Ole Miss yet...I'm leaving this game alone...

-Stanford at USC...The Trojans are a 10 point favorite...But these PAC-12 games some times turn into a slugfest...Stanford has a lot to prove...The Gambler in me would take USC, but right now, I'm leaving it alone...




-The last game I'll talk about...

Auburn at LSU...

LSU is 9-5 versus Auburn, and on a 7-0 stretch when hosting the Tigers...LSU is a 7 point favorite...I expect Auburn to come out with a lot of fire after nearly losing to Jacksoville State last week...Then there is the Les Miles factor...While he is a good coach, he has an incredible knack to make stupid mistakes/decision, that often fuck over the gambler or the bookie...I'll take Auburn getting the 7 points...

Good luck!





No comments: