Thursday, September 17, 2015

Which NFL Team has the Best Helmet



I was thinking about how awful the even more orange new Browns' helmets and new uniforms look...And I got to thinking about the other NFL helmets...I figured why not do a post about it...Our post about MLB LOGOS was a hit, and helmets are cool right...So, what's the best, current, NFL Helmet?



When I did the MLB Logos post, people commenting threw out their top five, so I'll go at this post using that method...

There are certain Helmets that are just iconic...The Dallas Cowboys pops in your head immediately...The Packers, the Bears...Those are old school....The classic look is almost always a good thing...The Steelers...It's a boring fucking logo, and it's only on one side of the helmet...But it's tradition, and you know what it is when you see it...Being a Clevelander, the Browns plain, boring, stupid orange helmet is another iconic, filled with football history helmet...But it doesn't make my list...Wasn't a huge fan of it, and they made it worse...

There is a part of me that wants to put the Washington Redskins in my top 5, just to piss off the overly sensitive gas-bags out there...But I'll be honest...It's a classic look, but it doesn't make my list...

 #5...The San Francisco 49ers...I don't like the team and their criminal players...But I like the gold (most be the Notre Dame fan in me)...I like the red...the black trim...the intertwined "SF"...I'll always dig a intertwined letter logo...

#4...The Houston Texans...Again, not so much a fan of the team...I like their coach Bill O'Brien's attitude...But since the teams birth, I've always liked their logo...And it's hard to go wrong with Red, White and Blue as your colors...

#3...The Seattle Seahawks...First off, it was a few years back when I was a free agent, that I signed my fandom to the Seahawks...So you kinda gotta like your teams gear right?  The logo isn't thrilling, but it's unique...I love the shade of blue, (again unique) with the grey/white, and that little hint of neon green...

#2...the Green Bay Packers...It's classic...My high school alma mater based it's logo and colors off of the Packers...And the Packers have always stayed true to it...They never tried to mix in black or chrome, like nearly every other team has...Why mess with success!?!

#1...The Buffalo Bills...


Again, it's hard to go wrong with Red, White and Blue...Going back to the White helmet as opposed to the Red, looks so much better...It's got a real old school vibe to it...I can't explain it more then that...I just like it...


...And to my numerous friend who are New England Patriot fans...If the Pats got rid of the screaming chicken looking Pat the Patriot, and went back to the old school...It would be the winner hands down...



So, what do you think is the best NFL helmet?

Give us your top five!


No comments: