Sunday, September 13, 2015

Monday Moaning (Choices)



Choices...Choices, choices, choices...

The choices we make can have a major impact on our lives...If you were choosing from the picture above, you're decision would be based on limited information...Who knows what the fronts look like...What if one of them has a dick? Like I said, choices can make a major impact...



In the NFL, teams have to make important choices based on the information they have...Some teams just don't know how to read that information...Perfect example...The Cleveland Browns...They consistently drafting poorly...They've had about 24 different QB's in 15 years...They thought these FUBU looking uniforms were a good idea...


And Josh McCown thought this was going to work out...Dude looked brain-dead before he hit the ground...

Another example, would be which of two big-name college QB's should you draft...Right away I thought the Tennessee Titans got it right with Marcus Mariota...






Kid looks so comfortable, and confident...Has plenty of skills and room to improve...


But based off of everything we knew, I thought Tampa Bay was making a mistake drafting Jameis Winston...The kid carries trouble in his back pocket, and in his brief college career showed so many flaws, not just in his character, but also in his abilities...The Titans D watched the film...






Honestly, I only watched some highlights...I truly can't stand the NFL...I got sick seconds after popping on the Jets / Browns game...And it wasn't just those god-awful uniforms...Just have no taste for the NFL and all their bullshit...I jumped over to NFL network to check on my fantasy guys, just to find out half my team was playing Monday night...


-Sometimes we make choices that lead to change...Sometimes change leads to making choices...The Notre Dame Fighting Irish have to make some choices after finding out they are changing QB's for the rest of the season after this...


That's starting QB Malik Zaire breaking his ankle Saturday...Now Sophomore DeShone Kizer takes over...Another "dual-threat" QB...But do they use the full playbook with Kizer?  Do they try to keep him from running to prevent another season ending injury?  Do they lean toward the running game? Passing game? Balanced?  Choices...Choices based on what they know...Which is more then us when it comes to Kizer...


-There is a choice that needs to be made in Pennsylvania High School football...That choice is to play defense...First, teach kids how to play defense...Friday night Meadville  beat DuBois 107-90...Not in basketball...Football...Meadville's offense was lead by running back Journey Brown who rushed for 722 yards on 30 carries, with 10 TD's....Shockingly while setting a PA record for yards, it's not  a national record...That is 754 yards set in New Jersey by John Giannantonio in 1950...

Dubois' offense was lead by the arm of QB Matt Miller who set a national high school record, throwing for 782 yards, adding 10 TD's himself...

I find this lack of defense disgusting...But I wanted to find some video of these kids lighting it up...Local TV highlights were crap...I couldn't find anything of Miller, but I found Journey Brown's 2014 highlight video on YouTube...





Kid can run...And it sounds like he made a highlight video for 2015 all on Friday night...


-Lastly in this post about choices, is the choice my wife and I have made...With her father having dementia issues, and having had a number of small strokes over the last couple years, as well as her mother having more troubles as she's getting older, we have decided to move toe Erie, PA...We will be able to help handle things for them more, instead of being on call and having to drive in all the time from Cleveland...They don't drive at this point, and my father-in-law's health issues are far more then what my mother-in-law can handle...At some point when we get him into a full-time care facility (which will most likely eat up all their money) we'll take her in with us...

The boy, and Molly are excited...The 13 year girl isn't so thrilled as she is all goo-goo for a boy and has some very good friends here...But she understands why we are making this choice...It wasn't long ago when I wrote about needing a change...Well, here it is...And I'm very excited about it...

After we made our final decision, and signed wheat we needed to sign, I did something I never thought I would do...I started a "go fund me" page to ask for help for this big transition....but I figured millionaire actor Zach Braff used crowd funding to pay for a bad movie studios didn't want to make, why shouldn't I to help get a couple appliances our new home needs, along with a couple pieces of furniture and some paint...The boy doesn't like the idea of his bedroom staying light pink!  So, if you're interested and able, any HELP would be greatly appreciated...

As for the sports scene in Erie...Beside no defense high school football...There is junior hockey, college sports, AA baseball...and it's a hour and half from Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo...So, I can continue being miserable!


Have a week!


No comments: