Friday, January 20, 2012

Trying to Get Out of a Slump


Even Sparty has to hit a "Slumpbuster" sometimes!

Yes, I've been in a writing slump...So this is me trying to write my way out of it...My Monday Post did great numbers, but I wasn't happy with what I wrote...It was carried by the two pics in it, and the quality Bill Burr rant, and closed with the cute video of my baby girl dancing...The writing in between was filler...I apologize for that...

So why the slump...It started a couple weeks ago...I got some news that an old friend had passed...The how is still sketchy, but which ever way it happened, it crushed me...Not because we were close...We hadn't been in a long time...We were very close for a couple years in our youth...But over time we lost track of each other...Now I really wished we hadn't...I keep thinking, if I would have kept in touch, maybe this wouldn't have happened...The whole thing just rattled me...So, I've never been one to make a "New Year's Resolution" but I am now...I'm going to try my best to be a better friend...(No I can't lend you any money!)

Then last Saturday night I was out with some old friends from high school...We were having a blast...One guy, who was a Senior when I was a Freshman, who had taken me under his wing, showed up...I knew him well, because he was friends with my brother, and I think that's why he looked out for me right away...He was always smart, loud, obnoxious, and slightly douchey...That's why we liked him! Well, he walked into the pub, and holy fuck it got loud and obnoxious in there...And yes, slightly douchey, as he was wearing one brown shoe, and one tennis shoe...Almost 40, and he's totally the same!

The guy he rolled in with was always a funny son of a bitch...He was still funny, but the poor bastard's wife must not be...She started ringing his phone constantly, giving him shit for being out, and having some fun...Heaven forbid he see some people he hasn't seen in years...

Yeah, some of these people I hadn't seen in 12-15 years...So it's always good to break the ice with a story about paying a hooker years ago for a BLUMPY...Some people were shocked...Some were grossed out...Some were happy to see I hadn't changed either!

Of course we passed around our cell phones, and checked out each others kids...When you're in high school, you never think about being in a bar almost twenty years later with the same people, and talking about your kids...And Blumpies!

Then my phone rang...The little Beeze was puking...The wife was equipped to deal with that, and the baby, who was still awake, because she only goes to sleep for me...So I knocked back a water, cleaned the snow off my car, and got home...Yeah, I had some beers and drove...Don't get high and mighty...Most of us have done it...I'm not promoting it, it's just reality...I don't bullshit on this blog, and I'm not starting now...

So the boy was puking for a couple days...Then just as he was getting better, the baby got it...She's not a good puker...She fights it...Ends up choking herself...It's a battle...The boy, shit he just opens his mouth and lets it fly...So my little girl seemed to get over it in a day...But then it came back a couple days later...A little more puke city...I've been steam cleaning like a mother fucker...The wife and I have been pounding out laundry non-stop...And I'm just tired as fuck...The other night I slept sitting up, holding the baby because she just felt crappy and couldn't relax...It was a long couple nights, but she's okay now...

The wife and I had some quality time, and everyone is resting peacefully...Now I'm going to do the same...I hope this gets me back on track...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: