Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Moaning

Sorry for posting so late...As some may know, blogger was down for a large number of random people, but it looks like it's back up and working now...So here we go...

The above picture shows how I was feeling Sunday after too much Dortmunder...I was afraid I would feel the same today...For another reason...Today was 1st ultrasound day, and I've been having an uneasy feeling that there may be twins growing inside my wife...Luckily there is only one child in there, and everything looks normal they say...You know, as normal as an alien life form growing inside your wife can look...
-


Now, let's get to some sports...

This past week I planned on posting on a couple topics, but I got side tracked by Jim Joyce being a dolt! Then of course Bud Selig was his typical self, and unwilling to do the right thing...I've gone off on this topic on a few other blogs in their comment section, so I'll try to stop beating this dead horse...At least until I get pissed at baseball again...

Speaking of dead horses...Okay so no horses died at the Belmont Stakes Saturday, but I wouldn't have been broken up if the ones in my losing trifecta, ended up at the glue factory...The winning horse was Drosselmeyer...Both the Derby winner, Super Saver, and Preakness winner, Lookin At Lucky, were not in the race...Ice Box and First Dude were the favorites...Ice Box shit the bed...First Dude, and his stupid name finished 3rd, and Fly Down, who I had a few bucks on, came in second...The Belmont didn't have much hype, and wasn't a thrilling race, with the exception of the final stretch...

In other news, Brad Pitt has joined the board of directors for a U.S bid to get the World Cup in either 2018 or 2022...Let me first start by saying...WHO CARES! This is America...If you play soccer as a kid, some high school coach will convert you to a sport that people in this country actually care about...Second, Brad, why don't you and that big-lipped, gash wife of yours, go adopt another kid, from another country, hire a couple more nannies to take care of it, so you two can get back to bad movies...(yes, I know he's had a few good ones, but I chalk that up to the writer and director!)

For the record, no matter how much ESPN want to hype this World Cup crap...I'm not watching...I'd rather head down to Sully's and watch the paint dry!

Now to more important shit...Sunday night the Chicago Blackhawks took a 3-2 series lead over the Flyers...I hope they can finish Philly off...The Flyers have shown some serious grit throughout the playoffs...Also, Niemi, the Chicago goalie...Holy shit does that kid have some holes in his game...He's often out of position, and spends more time on his knees then a $20 hooker! No matter which teams wins the Cup this year, the winning goalie my be the worst to win the Cup...Which I guess says a lot about the talent and depth on both teams...

But I have to say it has been an exciting and entertaining Stanley Cup Final...I hate to give the Flyers any credit...I can't stand that prick Pronger, never have...And I think I have made my feeling known about Philly over the years...But in case you don't remember, or this is your first time reading me...When it comes to Philadelphia, my feelings are similar to Bill Burr's...





In the NBA Finals, the Celtics evened up the series at 1 game each...Holy shit Ray Allen was one fire in the first half, wit 27 points..He finished with 32...I was paying more attention to the hockey of course...Now the series goes back to Boston for 3 games...I hope the Celtics take all 3, but I expect them to have win it in LA...

Last week there was a lot of talk about LeBron James staying in Cleveland...Him saying Cleveland is the front runner...Talk of Chef Michael Symon offering to cook dinner LeBron and friends and family once a month if he stays...First, that's just silly! Second, Symon isn't even the best chef in Cleveland...He's an overrated douche!

Now as for "the King" staying in Cleveland...Well I know the Cavs hope so...I'm sure LeBron is the main reason for Mike Brown and Danny Ferry being out of work...But I doubt that, and chef Symon's famous mac-n-cheese are enough to keep him in the Cleve...

Last week I shared some of my favorite tweets from the week on twitter...This week I'm going share just one twitter account...All the tweets are basically the same...But some one taunting BP like this cracks me up...

Spill_Updates

Since I'm on the oil spill topic, here's a link to a site that puts the spill in an interesting perspective...

http://www.ifitwasmyhome.com/

Now, before I leave, I have a question to ask...Which is worse? Waking one of your children by celebrating a 13th inning walk off home run while playing MLB The Show...Or...From bumping uglies with the wife?

There's nothing like your 8 year old daughter walking in on you and saying, "Excuse me, I can't sleep." The next day she told my wife, "I thought I had a dream that you were riding daddy like a horsey?" No, that was no dream, and thank you for killing the mood!

I get my T-Ball team and first practice Monday...We'll see how that goes!

Have a great week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: