Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Night Frustration


So Monday's post included some of my frustration about my son's Tee-Ball league, which I'm also a coach in...Well the frustration just grew a little more...Tonight was a scheduled practice...The rec department schedules a couple practices at the start of the season...2 teams practice together, there are stations setup to work on fielding, hitting, and running the bases...It a good beginner thing for the kids, and the coaches...But...

1st problem...A couple parents sent there kids without their caps and shirts...Not a huge deal, but the color coded caps help the kids (5 year olds) know who is on their team...Helps me too! After practice, I asked the one mother who has two kids on my team, if she had picked up their caps and shirts from the rec center...If not I could get them for her now...This twat comes back at me with the bitchiest tone, and said, "It's just practice, I didn't know they needed them today!" Now maybe I just think logically and others don't, but bitch, you have a copy of the schedule, and it shows two teams on the same field at the same time...To me it just makes sense to throw the cap and shirt on the kids...But I played nice, and said, "It's no problem, I just wanted to make sure the kids got their stuff." Her twaty tone perked up again with a, "Well, they did!" Her poor f**king husband must think about eating a gun every night...He's probably seen the R. Budd Dwyer
VIDEO and thought, 'he probably didn't feel a thing.'

2nd problem...The woman who runs the baseball programs for the rec is very nice, and works well with kids, and probably gets paid squat, but this everyone one wins crap is just awful...Today my team, The Sea Wolves were out there with The Flying Squirrels...(All the team names are minor league names)...After the practice was done, she had all the two teams line up, and they had a relay race...As I said Monday, I'm not the ultra competitive dad, but if you win, you win, if you lose, you lose...Not here folks...The Sea Wolves beat the Flying Squirrels by about 6 steps in the relay...Afterwards she says, "Guess who won?" The kids, on both teams yelled "THE SEA WOLVES!" This chick says, "EVERYONE!" Oh for the love of God lady, take a cue from the kids...They know who won, and the kids that lost didn't care, they were just as excited at my team...REDONKULUS!

So after we got home, i gave the little Beeze a bath, then sat down and watched some of the Indians vs the Mets...The Tribe was 4-1...Then the infield started playing worse then my Tee-Ballers...Hey Masterson, little Lilly on my team can make that trow to first! Valbuena, the little beeze knows to cover first on that bunt...WHY DON'T YOU? Then the wheels came off and the score was 6-4...The Mets won 7-6...

So I figured maybe I'll watch the President's speech about his plan for dealing with the oil spill...That should calm me down...This could have been one of those moments that Presidents have...He could have shown us the leader we want to see in our Commander in Chief...Instead, he played it safe...I'm appointing this guy to this...I'm appointing this guy to that...I'm starting a Blue Ribbon Commission about this...What's with all the Czars? What the hell is this Blue Ribbon Commission...Are we judging the best cow, or biggest pumpkin contest...NO! We're making the world's largest batch of Vinaigrette! Grow some stones! He said BP will compensate people for their loses...Are they? Prove it! Sorry, I just don't believe BP...

There are numerous people that have gone down and volunteered to help with the cleanup, that are getting seriously ill, because BP officials are telling them not to wear masks, respirators, and safety suits, 'cause it looks bad...All this speech has done, is help prove that ever President in my lifetime has been in bed with Big Oil...Why not? They clearly know what they're doing!

Okay, off of that soapbox...

Now, before I go, let's play a little, Today in Baseball History...

Today in 1938 John Vandermeer of the Cincinnati Reds pitched his second of two consecutive no-hitters, beating the Brooklyn Dodgers 6-0...The first was a 3-0 win over the Boston Braves...


This no-hitter against the Dodgers was done during what was the first night game ever at Ebbets Field...


That's it for now...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

aking said...

I work for a company that get's appraisals done across the country. FL has been some what dead for a while. It used to take 3 people to cover the state and now only 1 person has it. We have picked up significantly in the last 3 days because everyone wants to refinance before their homes value drops through the floor. Fucking unbelievable. Also I did mention to you the other night about the commercial I saw about visiting FL because there is this whole other side that doesn't have oil on it..........yet. Fucking ridiculous!