Friday, May 15, 2009

The Beeze's Thoughts on an "Isolated Incident"

Last night Mrs. Beeze and I went down to the "Q" (Quicken Loans Arena...The house that LeBron built)...to see the Dane Cook Isolated Incident Tour...I've been to comedy clubs, and seen a number of comedians...I love good stand-up...


Dane Cook does it a little differently...His shows have more of a rock concert feel...And by the look of most of the audience...They thought it was a rock concert...I've never seen such a collection of Douche bag guys, wearing the 'look at me, my T-shirt is way too f**king tight' gear...And the girls...and most were girls...not women...Actually we should change that to whores...Holy sh!t...I have never seen so many chicks, so tramped up...Why not just tattoo 'I'll suck your d!ck Dane' right across your forehead...If my daughter ever tries to dress like that...I'll f**king kill her!

Anyway...When we got to our seats...Which cost about $70 dollars...My wife said we should have paid the extra 30-40 dollars to sit on the floor...I didn't care...Our seats were good and we could look at the jumbo tron for when his back was to us.(he played in the round)...Seconds later a "Q" staff member came up to us and asked if we wanted front row seats...OKAY! What's the catch? Nothing...Just that we ask that you don't get up during the performance...ENJOY!

So we headed down to the floor...Front f**king row...If I would have paid the $110 dollars these seats cost...I would have been pissed...They were fold out seats, and you had no room...Everyone was cramped...But what the hell...Then while waiting for the show to start we notice lots of empty seats in the second level...After talking to some of the people around us...Well, seems like Dane could sell those expensive seats in Cleveland, because there were a sh!t load of people who got the same deal as us...

Onto the show...The first opener was Al Del Bene...He did 10 maybe 12 minutes...All of them funny...I'm sure after this tour he'll be bouncing around through the clubs...Check him out...

Then Al brought Robert Kelly out...Kelly is a long time friend of Dane Cook and was the straw that stirred the drink on "Tourgasm." You can Also hear him often on my favorite radio show...Opie & Anthony...Kelly came out strong cracking on the Cleveland Fatties...He then cracked on "skinny f*ckers"...No stone unturned...He gave the audience a great 30 minute set...Much of it talking about sex with his wife...And just giving his wife sh!t...Although one bit that stuck out was when he talked about farting in a baby's face...Ending the bit by pleading with us all to fart in a baby's face before we die...Maybe you had to be there...It was funny..."F*ck you and your baby." is a line I hope to use on someone now! Ha!

Then came Dane...Well, after a big buildup...He never stopped showing love for the audience, and referring to us as "the Cleve" ...Much of the hype about Cook's new material was that it was darker and edgier...It wasn't...he made reference to his parents dying....That was as dark as it got...Yes there was some non-PC things...Why wouldn't there be...But it was still Dane Cook telling funny stories...

I was watching for any stolen jokes...That has been a beef some people have had with Cook over the years...Well There was one...He ripped one of Robert Kelly's jokes...But I think that was the point of it...

Dane (like were f**king buddies) knows how to play the crowd...He referred to his "big fat c0ck" about 10 times...Which got the whores screaming and creaming...He also did a couple "call backs" to some of his classic bits, which got lots of noise from the crowd...
-
One of the highlights may have been when a dumb ass drunk guy tried to get on the stage...Cook's back was to the guy at the time...He heard the crowd noise pickup and turned...Just then security had the guy down on the edge of the stage, trying to flip free like a fish that just got caught...Dane (there I go again) was laughing it...Spent the next couple minutes talking about it...He told the audience...Anyone who got pictures or video of it...That he would pay them for it...He said "send it to me tonight...I'll put up on my page." Then he told security to keep the guy backstage...He wanted to do a one-on-one interview with him...
-
All in all, it was good show...We had fun...And it's kinda cool to see comedy in a different atmosphere, then just the little clubs...It's also cool to see somebody famous telling their fans just how grateful he is for them...Maybe it's BS...But the way Cook interacts with his fans online, I don't think it is...
-
If you want some good laughs from Dane Cook, but aren't planning on seeing him live...Checkout "My Best Friends Girl"...LMFAO!!!
-
Also his "Isolated Incident" special air Sunday on Comedy Central...
-
Later, The Beeze.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a solid time Beeze! glad you & the mrs. had a good night out. not a big Dane fan, i dig ron white for some reason ;0!

dane is hot as hella, almost as hot as kurt----------i said ALMOST ;0

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Is anyone as hot as Kurt!?! LMAO!!!

Crazy Canton Cuts said...

Don't know much about Dane...I'll hafta check it out some time

guess I still miss Carlin, Pryor, Kinison

though Giraldo and Burr are smart cats

dig Lisa L too

to be honest Beeze, I almost thought this post was gonna be about that TSN crappolla lol...just by the title

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

LMAO...CCC...F**k Sporting News!

There will never be another Carlin...I think Bill Burr is my favorite out there...I hope CK never sees his rant on Philly!