Sunday, November 1, 2020

Monday Moaning : Answering Some Questions


 

My longtime friend, blogger and former partner in YGS, B.O.B. posted a blog Sunday posing questions about PREPARING FOR A BIDEN WIN. We don't always agree on politics, and he openly seems to hate both parties on a pretty equal level. But we are able to have a back and forth with each other that many can't. Hell, I can't do it with most people. But we get that there are plenty of things that we agree on, and we can understand each other's view when we do disagree. So I posted in the comment section of his blog not realizing I blew way past the character limit for my reply. So I said screw it, make it this week's Monday Moaning. So click that link above for his blog and see his questions and ranting, then come back and checkout my response.

If Biden wins' who is running the country? Well, technically it is not just the job of the President but it is suppose to be shared duties with the congress...But we all forgot that long ago. Biden will be running it but I assume he will actually take the counsel of his staff and cabinet which is something that Trump is portrayed as not doing. The Squad does not have the power social media leads people to believe. The Democratic establishment in Congress  tries to hold them back a great deal, because the Democratic establishment is not that different from the Republican establishment in Congress. All those lifers cast a great spotlight on why we need term limits.

The Electoral College should be done away with no matter who wins...It should have been done away with ages ago...It invalidates people's votes...Say you, in California vote Republican, but this system says 'well more people in California voted Democrat, so all of our votes go to the Democrats...It's idiotic and I don't understand why it has lasted so long. We all have love to talk about how great democracy is, but this system is fundamentally not democratic. It should have and should always be a straight popular vote...No matter who wins, no matter what party is in power, that shit should be wiped out, and term limits installed.

The "not my President" thing...Listen, you know, I hate Trump. I never said that chant, and I will always root for the President to do well and good for the country. We he shows he's not doing that, I will be vocal and speak out, but that phrase is silly. I didn't like Bush (#2) but respected some of what he did and respected the office. I liked Obama, but there are things I disagreed with and actually looked at Romney instead of just blowing it off and saying 'I'm democrat I'm voting democrat.' 

You will go to Twitter jail...They really don't like speaking truth to power. It's also odd how politicians and media cans spew bullshit, lies, hate, division, but a regular guy calls them on it, or calls them an asshole (or worse) and they shut you down.

Pelosi and Schumer need to exit with McConnell and Graham and a mountain of others from both sides of the aisle. The National retirement age is 67, so why aren't these old ass, over 70 year olds being forced out.

I don't care if you say you don't trust Harris and don't care what you say about her. I said that didn't trust her and there were things I don't like about her during the primaries. Everyone somehow forgot how Tulsi Gabbard shredded her and put some facts and history out there during the primary debates and the next week Harris dropped out. 

People will make fun of Biden's gaffs...You sure can. SNL already has been for a month.

I never understood calling protesters or people who speak up for what they believe in "Snowflakes." By that same logic, I would be calling Trump or some of his supporters "Snowflakes" every time they complain. Should I have called him a "Snowflake" after he complained about the 60 minutes interview? I didn't. I called him other things. LOL! There is nothing more patriotic or American than protesting or speaking up for what you believe in and we shouldn't be belittling them for it or threatening them for it. I hate the Klan and Neo Nazis and Confederate flag wavers, but I never took a crew of armed friends to any of their rallies.

Last I saw from the FBI Joe Biden didn't do anything illegal with the Ukraine so I don't know why you played that card. 

An issue I have with this post is, "If a state votes for Trump, are all the people in that state deplorables?"  You are saying this as if us on the left is doing this crap. When in actuality this is the type of thing Trump himself has harped on. Saying he "won't give COVID funding to Blue states"...Trashing states with "Blue" governors and ignoring "Red" Governors who have fucked up. He has trashed my governor (Blue) for not opening up the state and not having kids go back to school...Except we did reopen. We had a high school football season. We did send kids back to schools, our governor just left it up to individual districts as to how they wanted to go back or open up the schools. My kids district gave the parents 3 options to choose from. We opened businesses slowly starting at 25% capacity and them 50%. Guess what has happened by the way? cases are spiking like crazy The last 5 days we have had our 5 highest new case totals. 

Ohio's governor (red) was one of the very first to shut down and he locked shit down hard there and they didn't go back to in person school until 2 weeks ago and Trump didn't trash him at all. BTW, many districts in Ohio went back to 100% virtual after a couple weeks back.

I know you are good man, and a busy man, but I think there are some things that have gotten past you.

Who you pray for is entirely up to you.

In 2016, I was furious...With both parties for the candidates they gave us. I hated both of them, Clinton and Trump. I was disappointed in our system and our choices. I understood why people went with Trump, even though I didn't agree with them. But after the last 4 years and now this late push to try to invalidate votes, I can't be quiet and not try to point out the flaws in the idea of giving Trump 4 more years.

 I'm voting for Biden to stop the madness our country has been in. To pump the brakes and try and get things back on track. He is not the guy I want but he's guy with a proven track record of working with both sides of the aisle and he's more level headed and can listen to reason. He also believes in science. 

You talked about Biden being Imbecilic and at another point who'd be running the country. I ask you, who has been for the last 4 years? Trump is in way over his head and cares more about twitter and rally sizes then doing any good for the country.

There is a book I read called "The Toddler in Chief"...The DC and military and intelligence establishment were all concerned about Trump as President. Especially when they saw how he blew off briefings and just babbled cluelessly and nonsensically about things, but they felt we would get through because there were plenty of "Adults in the room" to guide him. Then he started firing them or forcing them out. 

This is the type of President we have and that is a bad and scary thing. What bothers me the most are 3 things. 

1. The constant lying and just straight up, making shit up. Today, he said Biden is controlled by Fidel Castro. Castro who has been dead for 4 years.

 2. Ripping kids away from their parents and putting them in cages and now over 500 kids are without parents...And guess what, they are completely being supported by taxpayers, so what the hell did this all accomplish? We are a country built on people seeking a better life, free of Persecution, only to stop people coming here seeking a better life free of persecution and locking their kids in cages. That's not who we say we are...I guess we're full of shit. 

And 3. his lying and stupidity about COVID. 230,000 deaths and still counting. Many of those could have been prevented.

I love you and wish you and the family well. Again, I'm glad we can go back and forth on topics like this. Wish the DC dolts could be more like us, because God knows they won't let us in there. 


2 comments:

B.O.B. said...

One of the things I love about this is that you and I can have a respectful discussion and then laugh it off.

As you know, more or less I was being sarcastic, but it speaks to how divided we are. Not you and I because quite frankly, I'm tired of both parties and if I had a wish for politics, government, and leadership it would be that a third party comes in - one that is fiscally responsible and minds their own business when it comes to the social shit.

One of the things that so many people agree on is that they simply want to be left alone. That surely could be a starting point for everybody, right?

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I got the sarcasm at points, it was just easier to write it as writing to you. Thanks B.O.B.