Tuesday, June 30, 2020

The Hypocrisy of Comedians



Yesterday I posted THIS....It got some good feedback and of course I got some backlash...It got me thinking about something that has bothered me for years...

I love standup comedy...I have since I was a little kid...I remember sneaking into a backyard in my neighborhood were my older brothers and their friends were listening to a new Eddie Murphy cassette without all the parents knowing...I loved it all growing up...I'd watch any comedy special that came on HBO...I watched MTV's "Half Hour, Comedy Hour" religiously, and "Evening at the Improve"...I love the craft or art...Yes, I put it up on that type of pedestal...

As the years have gone on, standup has had it's ups and downs...And my tastes changed...I got over the Andrew Dice Clay phase and got into more thought provoking comedy...Don't get me wrong, I'll always enjoy a shit or dick or pussy joke...

Then the 2000's came and with it, Social Media and Blogging came too...These gave celebrities, Comics included, another way to reach their audience and promote their shit...It also gave us regular fuckers a voice...An outlet for us to express our thoughts and opinions to our friends, who we don't work with or don't live right next door...But also to the masses...To anyone who may be interested....I started blogging about sports in 2007 at Sporting News...Over the years I started branching off into different directions, talking about whatever was in my head...

During that time and it as continued...Different points in time more surges in it...Comedians bitching about bloggers...and really, anyone on social media who doesn't have a "Blue Checkmark"...Many of them are comics I love...I often blow it off, because I'm a fan...Bill Burr is my favorite and he shits on bloggers religiously...Jim Norton who I've always been a fan of, bought both his books, saw him live, he shits on regular people tweeting and bloggers all the time...He's written what are in essence blogs, for major publications occasionally...But for him, it's not a blog, it's an "Article"...

Then there is the subject of my blog yesterday...Joe Rogan...Joe Rogan use to write blogs regularly on his website...But it doesn't count if I write a blog on my website...Comedians love to scream about the Freedom of Speech...And they will go to war with the whole fucking world  to say whatever they want...They will scream and fight, scratch and claw for their right to even tell a bad joke...a shitty joke...an offensive joke...a rape joke...And my meaningless voice has stood by them...





Now Comics are screaming everything that doesn't agree with them is "Cancel Culture"...My post yesterday was called "Cancel Culture"...It isn't...Joe Rogan can go on doing what he does...I'll probably watch his next standup special...I just want people to realize, he's often full of shit...and often on the wrong side of topics...

I'm sick of Comedians bitch, moaning and complaining about you and me saying what we want on Twitter and Blogs but screaming about their right to say whatever they want...Freedom of Speech is for everyone....EVERYONE! 

Not just arrogant assholes with "Blue Checkmarks"...EVERYONE!


No comments: