Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Moaning



Yeah Oregon...I have you as my number one team...Sure Alabama is still rolling along...But it's easy to roll along when one of the last six teams you've played has a winning record...

1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Alabama
4. Ohio State
5. Miami
6. Baylor
7. Fresno State
8. Stanford
9. Oklahoma
10. Clemson

That's my top ten right now, based on schedule strength, wins, and what I have seen...I watch a damn good amount of college football...Too much my wife would say!   Along with a number of the college football talk shows, so I can be aggravated by the talking heads...Pleas keep telling me how great Alabama is...1 of the last 6 teams they have played has a winning record...The media needs to stop giving them points for what they did the last two years..."This is this."  It's all about this year...Only this year...

Baylor hits the meat of their schedule now, so we'll see if their high flying, high powered offense can keep it up...Oregon is # 1 because their schedule...People are not respecting how good the PAC is this year...And Oregon's offense showed this week, even after a bad start, and good D, they can take over a game...UCLA is good, and they thought they had the Ducks setup for an upset...Then Oregon rattled off 28 unanswered points....

Sorry Ohio State fans...Yeah, you rolled Penn State...It was only Penn State...Every week two things happen in the Big Ten...Ohio State looks to be getting better...And everyone else looks weaker...The Buckeyes are being dragged down by their conference...And based on what I've seen, of my top three teams, in my opinion, Alabama is the only one Ohio State can take down...Florida State's thrashing of Clemson last week proved a lot of doubters, including me, that they are for real...

-Now onto The World Series...I'm writing the before Game four is played...I want to be able to watch the game, and go to bed...I had a long weekend as we went to visit family out of town...I'll get to that in a bit...I just want to address this idiot obstruction call which lead to the end of game 3...Maybe, the rule was being called, based on how it is written, but if you look at the still pictures of it, it seems like horse shit...

Seriously, who's obstructing who?  And how is a guy laying on the ground from diving for a ball, suppose to magically get out of the way for a guy who isn't even in the base path?



And why is the guy who called the Obstruction looking at where the ball went instead of looking at the supposed obstruction that is just now taking place?  Jim Joyce sucks balls...I'm not trying to sound like sour grapes, Johnny Boston defender, I'm just calling it like I see it...And I've seen Joyce fuck up a lot of calls, that impacted a number of games over the last few years....Dude sucks!

-So we went out of town...Went to Erie PA...Saw my wife's sister and her family from Boston...Love spending time with my brother-in-law, and their kids...Knocked down plenty beers...Took the kids to Splash Lagoon, an indoor water park...They had a blast, but holy fuck it was expensive...Finnegan stopped at everyone, laid down on his back, and let them rub his belly...Saw the in laws...Saw an old dude who clearly didn't give a fuck about how he parks...



It was a good time, but I hate staying in hotels...All the packing, loading, unloading, unpacking, repacking, reloading, unloading, haven't unpacked yet...And I never sleep well in hotels...Molly slept well, but she still woke up Grumpy Saturday morning...


Shit, that face cracks me up...

-Lastly, Sunday legendary singer, songwriter, poet, rock & roll, icon, and artist, Lou Reed died at age 71...Reed's music was something people either love or hate...His voice was never great, but greatly unique...I was shocked to learn he was 71...Because Lou Reed never seemed old...He was always cool, before everyone else knew what cool was...

Rest in Peace...






That's it for now...

Hope you have a "Perfect Day"






1 comment: