Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Moaning



                                     Well I hope your St. Patrick's Day was as good as hers...

Mine was the least St. Patrick's Day I've ever had...Yes, this is suppose to be a sports blog, but there's a problem with that...I have been disconnected from sports, and well, most stuff....Until Sunday evening, I hadn't seen any TV since Thursday...Well, except a few moments of "Caught on Camera" while we stopped at an Applebees Saturday evening...So this week, you're going to get a recap of my hellish week/weekend...You've been warned...

Wednesday we found out my father-in-law had another stroke or two...He couldn't stand or walk...He was confused...His speech was slurred...He was wetting himself...After an ambulance took him to the hospital, he wasn't admitted because he briefly walked...But by the time he got back home, he couldn't stand, or do anything for himself...The sister-in-laws were on their way in to Erie from Boston...Friday we were suppose to move my in-laws into their assisted living suite....

After calling an ambulance again Thursday, and my father-in-law being in another hospital, it was clear he wasn't going to assisted living...He needs to be in a secure, nursing home...My wife and I took Friday off work...The kids went to school just for a hour and change...Little Beeze was excited to shave his head...They were raising money for kids with cancer by shaving their heads...He was pumped, and I didn't want him to miss it...I'm very proud of him....


After that we all headed to Erie...The kids got settled in, surrounded by chaos...My Brother-in-law and nephew and I started the heavy lifting...We moved all the heavy shit Friday to my mother-in-law's assisted living place...We also took a shit load of boxes...My wife and her siblings took turns visiting their father...That night we had Pizza and beer at grandma's new place...

Side note...1 reason PA sucks...You have to go to a specific store for beer, and another for wine and liquor...And you can only buy beer by the case, which was just forcing me to drink more...Fucked up state...Here in Ohio, I can buy beer, wine, and liquor almost anywhere...I bet I can find beer in a toy store!

Saturday I woke up to snow...In Erie it snows almost every day from November to  May...We all met for an awful breakfast at Perkins...Although Molly enjoyed hers...


Shockingly, after that, there was more shit to move...My brother an law made a bunch of trips over with crap...Our bitch sister-in-law tried to make it out like no else was doing shit but her...I didn't see her stepping up to move that big fucking headboard...I didn't see her humping that dresser down the stairs...I'm not joking, she was driving everyone nuts...I sometimes worry about my anger, but realizing I wasn't the only one who wanted to choke her out made me feel better...

Between one of the trips we stopped at this awesome Candy/Ice Cream/Coffee shop...While we were there, my nephew and Little Beeze strolled in like they owned the place...


To him, his cousin, and uncle are two of the coolest guys on the planet...He loves when he gets to roll with them...While he was having ice cream, and us big guys were having Mocha shakes, we were checking out the rest of the shop...I asked my nephew if he was going to get his girlfriend something...Little Beeze piped up and said, "Yeah, get your wench something!"  My nephew cracked up, as did we, and I gave him a look, and he said, "What, that's what they use to call women."

Kid is hilarious!

Then my brother from another mother and I started going through the basement...My father-in-law loved buying tools, and appliances that he never used...He hadn't even been in the basement for a few years...The house has to be cleaned out, so we were taking what we could use and what could be sold for the family...I brought home a new, never used tools, including everything I need to put in anew kitchen floor, and a nice set of knives...My wife took some old memories, and some old school cameras he had...It all felt strange...

Later, my wife and I snuck the kids in to see grandpa...They aren't allowed to visit if they're under 12...I wasn't going to let that fly...And I'm glad, because they were glad to see him, and he was happy to see them, even if he forgets their names...

The cool sister-in-law/brother-in-law and kids left, headed back to Boston...That was a bummer for all of us...My wife and I brought up dinner to the bitch...She was unresponsive, so we ditched her and we took the kids  to Applebees...It was nice and peaceful being away from the madness...When we got back, there was more work she had for us...Her attitude was starting to get real old....Finally I got loud when I was making it clear that I was putting Molly to bed, and shit needed to stop...The bitch was staying at a hotel...She must have said she was leaving for 2 hours, before she finally left...

Once she did, the wife gave me a gift for the work I had done, and for not killing her sister...Yep, may have been the last sex that busted old house may see!

Sunday I woke up to the sound of her voice...The only weird thing is, she wasn't there...I dreamed it, it woke me up, and pissed me off...That's how she grates on you...I later found out that this has happened to other people...After I did get up...I had two more trips to the assisted living place...I then talked with the manager about getting my mother-in-law's cable set up, as well as her storage space...

When we were saying goodbye to her, there was a St. Paddy's Day party going on...She loves this place...She has fit right in, and it's exactly where she wants to be...After seeing the place as much as I did, I'm looking forward to hitting 55 years old and getting into something like this...It's a relief that she's settled in and taken care of...But my father-in-law's situation still is up in the air...We feel like we've made headway, but then you think about that, and just say, fuck...

With everything going on with my in-laws...His Dementia and strokes...Them now living in two different places...Their kids cleaning out their house...the whole mess...Yeah, it's added stress and frustration, and extra stuff to my plate...But imagine what my wife and her siblings are feeling...And what are her folks feeling...It's pretty depressing...Let's hope next week, I can get things a bit more upbeat, and with some sports...

Have a week...




No comments: