Friday, March 8, 2013

A 15 Minute Blog


I have been in a serious writing slump...So I'm making my self take 15 minutes, and just letting shit fly....

The slump has mainly been because I'm tired...For too much of the time, in the last month, I've been a single parent, while my wife has been back and forth trying to get her parents in an assisted living place...Her father has Dementia/Alzheimer's...He has also recently had a series of small strokes...These factors have contributed to him putting his household in a horrible financial situation....So in her back and forth she has also been talking with lawyers about the best strategy to handle those issues...

Then there is her mother who is having some serious short term memory loss issues...And her brother who had a serious car accident, while not having a license or insurance...She handled all the car accident issues, as well as got a car for her mom...

She has  had a lot on her plate...Her sisters have helped, but they're in Boston...We live the closest to her folks, so she has been doing most the leg work...Believe me when I tell ya, I've had a enough of this shit...But she's my wife...Her problems are mine too, and I have to do whatever I can to help her...But mostly, I've just had to increase my Mr. Mom workload...

I haven't gotten to enjoy my pain meds, or muscle relaxers I got after wrenching my back, and cracking up my ribs...They knock me out pretty hard, and I have to be on high alert for the 3 kids...Little Beeze tends to fall out of bed a lot...Kid is a flopper at night...

So, after getting the kids off, going to work...Cooking way too much Grouper for working at a Steak House, picking the kids up, helping with homework, making dinner, doing dishes, getting kids ready for bed, and getting the days update about what's going on with the in-laws, my drive to write has been shit....My sports viewing has been limited...Sleep just sounds, and feels better...

She is at her folks again tonight...The kids are asleep...And I'm seeing that The Chicago Blackhawks are looking like they may finally lose a regulation game...Well, streaks are made to end...

A couple nights ago we had a rare bit of time for just us...After getting the kids from school, I took them to the Dentist for a check-up...Then I took them home, got them dinner, and my Mom came over to stay with them...I had a doctors appointment...My wife did as well...I was shocked to find out that my Cholesterol wasn't bad...So, I thought we should celebrate...

We stopped by a new place called Drink Bar and Grill...They're in a soft opening phase...The space was once a pile of shit, but this guy has busted his ass, and made it look great...The place had great Jazzy vibe to it...The Jazz playing in the background helped, but I felt that vibe when I walked in...We sat at the bar...I had a Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale...Love that stuff...We order the Bruschetta...Very fresh, and very good...Then I had a steak sandwich with onion rings...The wife had a burger and fries...She quickly regretted not getting onion rings...These were without a doubt, the best onion rings I ever had...Everything about them was perfect...The Steak sand was good...Kind of small, but the steak was real steak tips, and had nice, fresh, crisp onions and peppers on it, with fontina cheese...

If we didn't have kids to get home to, I could have drank Conway's and eaten Onion Rings all night long...It was nice, just to sit and talk, and leave all the stress and bullshit outside...I can't wait to get some more of that quality time....

My 15 minutes are up...Sorry for this rambling, but it felt good, just to write...It's actually stirred a couple ideas of things to write about soon...I gotta get myself back at it..

The Beeze.

No comments: