Sunday, April 25, 2010

Monday Moaning



So as I head into my weekend, I normally start plotting out this post in my mind...After Thursday and Friday night, I thought I would be leading off with the NFL Draft...I mean Christ, I spent hours watching the draft and tweeting, and following tweets, like crazy...Damn Patriots rule...They were tweeting everything before it was announced...

Then, after he blast I had Saturday night, with some old friends...I thought for sure, that was going to get top billing...But damn if the Mrs. can't find a way to trump everyone...So this week, as Raine Maida said, "The End is Where We Begin."

Sunday morning, I'm sleeping off a lot of Conway's Irish Ale on the couch...Both the kids were in my bed when I got home...So around 9:00Am Mrs. Beeze wakes me up by saying, "Do you remember when I got my last period?" ...And I'm suddenly sober!

I had just spent the previous evening telling a number of old friends, "We're done...Not having anymore...Little Beeze broke our spirit." ...Mouthwash...Cap...Keys...Wallet...Drug store! Time to buy some tests...'Cause you can't trust one...You need like, seven!

And well...The yes popped up...Which lead to familiar words that have been used in this situation before..."SHIT!" By the way...This lovely Monday is my wife's birthday...Happy Birthday honey! You're pregnant! We won't get into her age right now...We know how women can get about that...She was saying, "Oh my God" a lot...Kinda funny since she was saying that when we made this little bundle, there goes our savings! By the way honey, I don't think God heard us the last time...


Worst part of this is, we got rid of all the baby shit a couple years ago, when we decided not to have another...Yet we didn't decide to stop bumping uglies!

Creepy part about this...Last week little Beeze walked up to my wife...Hugged her, and said, "Mommy, you're pregnant." ...Can't wait for the movie about this little creep...Some cute kid playing the role of my evil spawn, and the big tag line is, 'I see fetuses.'

The kids are happy...They asked Santa for this...The way it looks, the next Beeze spawn will be landing right around Christmas...Nice! Add a little more stress to the season!

The wife is nervous...I'm okay...We never planned the first two...And everything turned out okay...

Saturday night was a blast...I saw some old friends...Most I haven't seen since high school (1994)...One,
-A who I talk to very often...Only through our blogs and twitter and such...It was great to talk face to face...We were all, what Theater, and Band Geeks...But when you go to an all guys Catholic high school, a horny bastard like me is gonna join the extra curriculars that involve females...And many of us geeks got our junk touched before Johnny Football Star! Also, the lines in "American Pie" about "this one time at band camp...." yeah, that shit's true!

I realized something Saturday night with these old friends, while drinking too much, trying to do Yoga at 1:00 AM in a bar, telling a friend about brief interlude her sister and I had, sharing stories we hadn't mentioned in years...I had lost track of their lives...We all went different places, and our lives took some twists and turns...But when I was with these people, I was totally comfortable...Like nothing had changed...I could tell them anything, and I'd gladly do anything for each of them...If you have one person in life like that, I would say you're lucky...I'm lucky as hell, because I have a lot of people like that...Thanks for that guys...

Oh, and I've been told I will be taking -A's
YogaClass ...Really, I have to, or the one we call Shorty will kill me!

So now, I'll move on to some draft notes...

1st, What the f**k were the Broncos thinking? Why trade up for Tebow...He would have been there for you...You burned 4 picks to move up for a guy that will be a project...After you traded the Browns for the project that is Brady Quinn...DOLTS!

Speaking of the Browns...Anyone who says they drafted well, is a stupid homer, that's in love Colt McCoy...Is he a good value in the 3rd round? Yes...He's also under 6-2 and lucky if he's 210 lbs...Not ideal NFL QB size...The Browns 1st pick, Joe Haden, I like...Good corner, and it fills a need...That's what this draft should have been about...Filling as many needs as possible...

Next pick...safety, T.J. Ward...5-10 and a career full of injuries...projected in the 4th round by many...WTF! Safety is a need...Earl Thomas or Taylor Mays sounded a little better to me Holmgren, you fat, walrus looking bastard!

Then the Browns really pissed me off...They traded two 5th round picks to move up again in the second round...Golden Tate was still on the board...WR is a need, since the Browns have nothing but 3rd, and 4th receivers on their squad...What did they do...They took Montario Hardesty, a running back from Tennessee, who is coming off of two surgeries...Another WTF! And damn did Pete Carroll have a shit eating grin on his face after that, when he snatched up Tate!

After that was McCoy...Shawn Lauvao (OL/Arizona State)...Larry Asante(S/Nebraska)...
Carlton Mitchell(WR/South Florida)...Clifton Geathers (DE/South Carolina)

To me it looks like another bad Browns draft...

The Patriots did their usual shuffle around, and loaded talent and depth...

My favorite pick...The Vikings taking RB Toby Gerhart...That's one hell of a hard-nosed backfield!

Last bit...As I said last week...The NHL playoffs have been great...Check it out...(Bettman, F**k You! Pay Me!)

So that's it...Hell of a way to start the week...

The Beginning.



Later, The Beeze.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY CRAP! That's one hell of a way to sober up! OMG... congratulations!
We may be unloading baby stuff soon so let me know what you're looking for, chances are I can get you tons of stuff for free.

Pretty much everyone I know has had a kid in the last three years.

It was great seeing you! I'd apologize for the yoga... but I'm not sorry :)

~::* Kreativemess *::~ said...

WOW... No f-ing way.... Well Congrats to Mrs and You!!!

It's sort of creepy that your kid knew before you guys did... ahahah

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks -A and ~P~ !

Little dude is creepy!

aking said...

You also told my my husband that. I don't know what was more awkward you telling my sister or my husband.....oh wait it was my sister. My man didn't care much. I guess you aren't much of a threat anymore. So had a good time and totally ironic that we were just taking about you having more kids. Mrs. Beeze can be DD next time we go out. Hope it's sooner than a year this time.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I'm sure enough time has passed! Plus I had to change the topic for your sister...I got her all crazy about some other mistakes!

It was a blast!

"McSpazz" said...

What in the Sam Hell is going on around here? I leave for Disney World for vacation and while I'm gone not only do I miss the draft, but I miss the annoucement of another Beeze baby.

I have to stop this vacationing crap. Congrats to you and the Mrs! At least I know there will be one more correctly raised child in the Cleveland area. We probably could use more Beeze children, because what I see being raised in these parts lately is a sad state of American parenting idiocricy.

The wife has been begging me to get clipped for some time now, but I keep pushing it off. I like my gun loaded with real bullets for some reasons. So I'm sure before long another McSpazz will be added somewhere along the line.

Once again Congrats and my best to the Mrs and child for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks McSpazz! Glad you came by to catchup, and I appreciate the kind words about my parenting skills!

What the hell, What's one more kid!?!