Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More Ranting...

I guess I didn't get it all out of my system last night...This should be short and sweet though...

I've been hearing a lot about the new Beatles Rock Band game...My nephew plays the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games...I like video games, but this one makes me a little crazy...Are we going to have a whole generation of kids that know how to press buttons on a fake guitar, instead of actually play one?


Not if I have anything to do with it...Last year when we went to visit family in Boston...I brought a guitar...Know what I did with it? I gave it to my nephew...Time for the real deal...And you've got a better chance of getting a chick to do things to you if you play an instrument, then if you pretend to play one...

That's right kids, it's more fun to actually play guitar, then it is to pretend...Also learning to play, and make music is a much greater accomplishment then being a fake...Ask Milli Vanili!

Moving along, I guess Congressman Joe Wilson of South Carolina didn't read my post last night...I wish he would have...Maybe he wouldn't look like such a douche right now...I don't care that you disagree with the President on Health care...Have at it...But don't be that guy...The guy that you were tonight...What kind of dummy sits there as the President addresses Congress and the country and yells at him? Apparently you do sir...DOLT! Stay Classy South Carolina...


(Sorry B-Dub!)

Now let me touch on a little Sports...The Pittsburgh Pirates just this week, clinched their 17th straight losing season....REALLY? Why the hell do you even show up anymore...Not just the team...The fans too...Year after year of crap...This once proud franchise has won five World Series...They've appeared in 7...Greats like Honus Wagner, Pie Traynor, Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell, Bill Mazeroski, And Ralph Kiner...

Now look at them...After looking into this more, I saw that the Pirates have a Home record of 36-34...By the way, PNC Park is a great stadium...But then when the Pirates hit the road...They are 18-50...WTF!!! What the hell are you guys doing on the road? Seriously...What is keeping you from at least playing .500 ball on the road?

Here's how we fix this...Either sell the team to some one who has an understanding of how to run a franchise...Hey, they're out there...The Steelers and Penguins are doing fine...If not that...FOLD...Baseball is too watered down talent-wise anyway...

And since we're sh!tting on the Pirates...Lets take out the Baltimore Orioles too...Yep...I said it...12 straight losing seasons and no sign of life in the future seems like reason enough for me...The Orioles with 3 World Series rings, and 6 appearances...Oriole greats like Brooks Robinson, Cal Ripken, Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray, Hoyt Wilhelm...And you know Earl Weaver wants to choke the sh!t out of some one about this!

It's sad to see this happen to once great teams...But I look at some of these franchises and wonder...Are they even trying? And before anyone takes a shot at me...I know the Indians blow...And if they even get close to 17 straight losing seasons...Believe me...I'll want them to fold too...

That's all for tonight...

Later, The Beeze.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for Pirate fans. Of course the economics of baseball has turned franchises into the haves and have nots. The Reds are working on 9 in a row ... Royals something like 16 of 17.

Congressman Wilson's action were pathetic. At least he quickly apologized.

Here's what really gets my goat anymore. Why is the opposition party always get a response to the president? It is inappropriate no matter which party occupies the White House.

Good post Beeze!

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks frank...The worst part of the opposition response was, he clearly didn't listen or read the speech, and just read what was written for him...So he came off looking like a dolt also...

Anonymous said...

Just discovered a few things about Congressman Wilson. Sure he apologized, but only after party leadership suggested it.

He also held town hall meetings outside of his district, actually in a district with a Democratic rep.

He's sorry ... at least some Republicans publicly criticized him today.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

What a guy! Of course he apologized...He looked and sounded like what Bill O'Reilly calls a "Loon!"

I'm sure he was pushed by his fellow Republicans...Many of them looked bad last night, and we tend to lump people together...Only if it's a small number being a$$h0les!