Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Beeze Reviews The Melting Pot (take 2)


So last night, Mrs. Beeze, myself, and our friends Bryan and May went back to The Melting Pot...My review last time was sparkling...Yes we had a good time, and some good stories came out of it, which gave my review some extra life...But it wasn't the best...Management saw it and responded...First in the comment section...Then we communicated through e-mail...They made it clear that they wanted us to give them a second chance...

It had been he first time my wife and I had been there...Bryan and May had been there before and loved it...But after last time we were all let down...The main problem was the service...In the last review, our server Mike, took a beating...The food was good, but we had waited so long for everything, that we were A) Drunk...And B) just not into it...I also felt that the prices were too high...They still are, but I think that's true of most places...That combined with the economy right now, people are looking for more bang for their buck...

I would say that this time around, we got more bang for our buck...Our server was "Thunder Dan...
-
No, not "Thunder" Dan Majerle...Dan greeted us quickly, and took our drink order...While the ladies were choosing a bottle of wine he informed Bryan he'd be getting him another Great Lakes Grass Roots Ale, which he had started on at the bar...I ordered a Great Lakes Dortmunder...Dan jumped in and said, "You know we have Heineken tonight." I was shocked and said, "Really?" He replied by saying "We brought in a six-pack tonight." I informed him that I would take it...This made it clear to us that they knew who we were...I was the a$$hole who wrote the last review...I had commented how, they didn't have Heineken, and followed it with a WTF!??! Even funnier was Bryan now reciting lines from the last review...

Dan was very attentive and seemed to walk into some strange conversations...Like May talking about how romantic Bryan is when talking about sex...He likes to call it pu$$y pounding...Really, who doesn't? Dan got our vibe and was able to do his job and while adding his own two cents to whatever the conversation was...He understood we were there to have fun, eat, drink, and not afraid to spend money...He also gets the vibe of the restaurant...It's suppose to be a fun place...The servers are suppose to be interactive with the guests...I'm not sucking up in any way...If you've read me before, you know I'd be taking shots at Dan if he deserved it...But honestly, I felt like I knew the guy...That's a pretty cool feeling to get from a server...

Food wise, I think we all enjoyed it more this time...Partly because Dan was cool...Partly because we weren't waiting all night for it...And partly because we weren't all sh!t faced...

As they did last time we were there...The featured salad was the Caprese Salad...This made me laugh too, because it was one of the things I raved about from our first trip...3 of us had that...My wife had the Caesar...Cheese wise, we had the Cheddar, and the Swiss...Both were delicious...

Bryan and May had the Surf and Turf dinner for two...Split...She had the surf, he had the turf...My wife had the shrimp and steak...I had the French Quarter...Cajun seasoned steak, chicken, shrimp, and some Andouille sausage...It was great...I honestly enjoyed the food more this time...It was cooked the same...By us...I do love cajun, so that may have helped...But we all enjoyed it more this time...So I have to figure the biggest reason was the quality of service we got...

A little while later the manager came over and talked with us...He was great too...He also got our vibe, and wanted to make sure we were happy...He also informed us of a dinner they'll be having with Great Lakes Brewing Company later this month...A 4 course dinner with each course paired up with a Great Lakes Beer...We're in Eric!

We finished the night with some chocolate fondue, and bananas foster...It was at this point when I dubbed Dan as "cock strong" while he lit the table on fire...This was a nice bit of showmanship, that helps make The Melting Pot fun...

The Melting Pot hooked us up this time and made it a much better experience...We'll go back again, and we'll ask for "Thunder" Dan!

Later, The Beeze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that the Melting Pot came through and everyone had much better time and service. Maybe they should have an Endorsed by Beeze in their ads!

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

They can advertise here...For a small fee!