Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Fantasy Football Team

So last night we had The Fish House Fantasy Football Draft...We play for money, and the right to bust balls...I had the second overall pick in a 10 team league...So then I had that long wait between my first and second pick...But I stayed busy keeping track of everyone else, since I'm the Commissioner....

Here's my team in the order I drafted them...

1. Maurice Jones-Drew (RB)


Everyone thought I was going to take Turner...But MJD gets some receiving points for ya too...I think he's gonna have a good year...I had Turner last year and he was great...But for some reason MJD kept popping in my head...So I went for it...

2. Ryan Grant (RB)

3. Greg Jennings (WR)

4. Philip Rivers (QB)

5. Jason Whitten (TE)
He was a stud for me last year!

6. Anthony Gonzalez (WR)

7. Willie Parker (RB)

8. Ted Ginn Jr. (WR)

9. Matt Ryan (QB)

10. Julias Jones (RB)

I don't know how he's gonna work out, but WTF...I can always drop him...When I need another Kicker or Defense...

11. Steve Breaston (WR)

12. Domenik Hixon (WR)

13. Visanthe Shiancoe (TE)

14. New England Patriots (Defense)

15. Leon Washington (RB)

16. Rian Lindell (K)

So that's the team...I feel really good about my QBs and TEs...I would've liked another proven WR...But there's always a couple WRs and RBs who show up out of nowhere on teh waiver wire...We'll see...Good luck in your leagues...I've got another draft Thursday at the Gab.

Later, The Beeze.

8 comments:

bdubsmitty said...

Looks like you have a pretty good team there Beeze.

Thursday? Which Gab league are you in? I think my draft is on Sunday but I want to be sure just in case.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

I'm in league two...I have to work all day Sunday so I couldn't do league one...

There's only two of us in league two right now...So my chances look pretty good! LOL!

bdubsmitty said...

Ahh ok - I'm in League One. Yeah a 50/50 shot is pretty good.

I wonder why no one is signing up? It's almost like the gab has turned into SN or something...

Anonymous said...

Good mix of solid players and potential break-through players. Good luck.

Rad said...

Damn good team Beeze. I had the 9th pick in my draft so I loaded up on WRs. I picked up Aaron Rodgers late in hope of trading him for a better RB. Nice job getting Gonzalez in the 6th. Good luck this year man

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Thanks Rad...I feel pretty good about my squad.

frank, I think I have a few guys that may step it up this season...At least I hope so!

Crazy Canton Cuts said...

hope Mo holds up now he is the feature back

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

CCC, I hope he holds up too!