Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Moaning



Well, the Fighting Irish had a good start to their season! Notre Dame opened up in Dublin, Ireland, against NAVY...This is a team that ND has learned not to take lightly...And they didn't...The Irish rolled to a 50-10 victory...In case you missed it, since it was an early kickoff here in the States, here are the highlights...




The only problem I had watching this game, was when a couple of Jehovah Witness assholes knocked on my door...Hey, I'm all for religious tolerance, except when you're an asshole who doesn't acknowledge the Flag, and you if you are disturbing me watching a Notre Dame game...I opened the door, I could smell it on them...This dope started opening his mouth, and I said, "What are you?" He replied timidly, "Jehovah Witness." My wife saw the steam coming off of me, and I let loose..."Get out here! Get the fuck off my porch!"

They left, but I wasn't quite satisfied, so I stepped outside with my cup of coffee as they were walking towards my neighbor's house and I yelled, "It's Saturday morning, there's a Notre Dame Football game on...Get the hell out of here!" Then gathered with another couple of these clowns and got in a car...I noticed a few people looking out there doors at this point...They slowed as they passed my house, at this point I was almost at the curb, just pissed that they knocked on my door...The one dope leans his head out and says, "We didn't mean to disturb you," I didn't let him finish and yelled, "Well you did! Get the fuck out of here!"

I walked inside pleased, feeling I did something good for all of mankind...My wife, looking at me saying, "Jesus, you're so mean to people sometimes. Watch your game." That's all I wanted...All I wanted...

I had gotten up Saturday morning around 8:30 AM...AT 1:30 AM Sunday, I was still up, and watching College Football...I didn't go to sleep until after 2:30AM...Of those 18 hours I spent about 12 watching college football...I love this time of year!

And the Notre Dame game wasn't the only highlight...Little Ohio University going to not-so Happy Valley, and beating Penn State 24-14 was awesome...I was thoroughly disgusted that ESPN made this their noon game, and hyped it all week, by swinging on Penn State's balls...15 minutes on SportsCenter Friday night...20 minutes before kickoff, loving on Penn State...Just months after numerous ESPN talking heads were out for blood on the PSU campus...Now they want to hold them, and snuggle them...Suck my ass! And the announcers talking about the PSU defense being the anchor of the team...

Really? Well the anchor gave up over 100 yards rushing, and 72 receiving to 5-9 RB Beau Blankenship...And gave up 324 yards passing to QB Tyler Tettleton...As if PSU didn't have enough to be embarrassed about, then they got pushed around the field for the second half, by a MAC school!

I found it depressing that the local media had a huge boner because Ohio State beat up on Miami of Ohio, like they should have, but just passed by Ohio U. working PSU...Fucking twats around here!

It was also fun seeing Michigan look like children, just getting rolled over by Alabama...You know, every time Big Ten people start getting cocky, and say they're just as good as the SEC, something like this happens, and the gap between SEC and Big Ten talent/skill/coaching is put on display for everyone to see...Right now the Big Ten is hoping Nebraska still has some Big-12 left in them, while Urban Meyer tries to make Ohio State a SEC North team...

Now that I have covered that stuff, I thought I'd let everyone know, the kids are doing great at their new school...Little Beeze is adjusting to all the rules, and he's in for a rude awakening this week when he starts getting homework...He's going to be tested, and pushed a lot more here...His big sister is settling right in, having been craving a little more out of her last school...She has a couple of good friends already, and they have talked her into joining the school band...That's not a shock, since she's always loved going to the High School Football games, to see the band...

And thank God for the band...Because our local team sucks balls Friday night...I stopped looking at the scoreboard in the 3rd quarter when we were down 42-7...But halftime was great, as the Marching Band was awesome...They were the first and only thing to bring our fans to their feet...The crowd roared and gave them a standing ovation.

This past week I took vacation days, to help with getting into the swing of the school year...After the older two were at school, it was just me and Molly...


Yeah, plenty of park time...Her and her swings...



It was good week...And my wife had to admit, that I'm a better Mom...Yeah, I tried to TELL you people!

She also starts a new job, at the company she left less then a year ago...They reached out to her, and made her an offer she couldn't refuse...She's happy about it...The kids aren't, because it means she'll be working a little later...I'm not looking forward to the two weeks of training she has to do out of town...I'm good, but I don't want to be a single parent...the company is flying her home on the weekend in between, so it won't be too bad...

That's it for now...Gotta get that grill ready for some Labor Day fun...

Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: