Sunday, September 30, 2012

Monday Moaning

 

Well this weekend, was my birthday weekend...My birthday fell on Sunday, so I consider the whole weekend as my birthday...And it was a good time...Saturday afternoon Mrs. Beeze and I went to Cleveland's historic, West Side Market for lunch, and to load up on some food...You can get anything there...Great butchers, bakers, and pasta makers...Great local produce, at great prices...And after a few beers, I was ready to find some hipsters to punch...Oh how the hipsters love the Ohio City area...

We got 5 red peppers, and 6 green peppers for $3...You can't beat that...And those, along with some meat we got, lead to my Sunday birthday dinner...My fucking awesome (if I do say so myself) Stuffed Peppers...

     
The rest of Saturday I spent catching up on COLLEGE_FOOTBALL...That and Mrs. Beeze giving me my favorite birthday present...No, not the 1976 Fender Starcaster I wanted...


Sunday I took the kids to the park, while the wife did some shopping for the Little Beeze's B-day, which is Tuesday...Then she baked a cake for us to have after my awesome Stuffed Peppers...Then I got my gift from the kids...They got me a swear jar...These little smart-ass, shits!  Couple of ball-busters!  The boy better watch it, or I'm taking his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles back to Toys-R-Us...

So in sports, the big story was the replacement refs screwing the pooch during the Monday Night Football game between Green Bay and Seattle...Now I was rooting for Seattle, if for no other reason than to screw with my buddy Ryan...But there were some really bad calls in this game, along with some bad no calls...But then came the Hail Mary at the end...And holy shit balls, the sports world went crazy...I thought the call was wrong, but it was made, and the replay officials stood by it...But then our buddy Mo posted this LINK on Facebook and I'm willing to buy into it possibly, if for no other reason then I was pissed about all the people who were shitting on Golden Tate and company for celebrating the win...A win is a win, and you're happy when you get one, especially after a hard-fought game, like that one...

And Packers fans, who were so upset, and felt they had a win stolen from them...Watch the game again...The Seahawks defense kicked your Packers ass all over the field...Green Bay's defense showed up, but the offense was crap...They got owned by Seattle...No one is entitled to wins...They're earned, and if you really watched that game, you didn't earn it Green Bay!  Yeah, my Packer Backer friends are gonna have something to say about that!

The replacement refs sucked through their brief stint in the NFL...And I was just about ready to stop tuning into the NFL...Then the league came out and backed up the refs TD call from Monday night, which at that point I was firmly planted in the they got it wrong camp...And hours later they were trying their best to hammer out a  deal with the real refs, to get them out on the field for Thursday nights game...I'm sorry, but right then, what little credibility the league had, was lost in my eyes...

So Thursday night, I didn't watch one second of the Browns and Ravens game...And let me tell you this...It was wonderful...It's amazing what not watching the Browns will do for your mental well-being...The wife and I popped on a few episodes of "Arrested Development" on Netflix, bumped uglies, and she went to bed...Then I watched my fellow Browns fans be miserable once again on Twitter and Facebook...And there I sat, grinning from ear to ear...No stress...No frustration...I mean you go into a Browns game expecting them to blow, but if you don't watch it, you haven't invested/wasted any time into it...I may have to stick to this strategy, because at this point, it wouldn't surprise me if the Browns end up with that perfect 0-16 record...

In other NFL news, the Patriots got their shit together and beat the Bills Sunday 52-28 with two backs gaining 100 yards each on the ground, and Tom Brady, looking like Tom Brady...

The 49ers shutout the Jets 34-0 as Sanchez looked like crap again...And yes, the cries and chants for the savior, Tebow have started...

The Arizona Cardinals are undefeated...That just doesn't sound right...But I mean they did play the Dolphins Sunday...The Cards should be worried that it took OT to beat the 'Phins...

And in what had to be a heart-breaker for B-Dub, the Falcons squeaked out a 30-28 comeback win against the Panthers...Sorry pal, I know that one hurt...

And, am I the only one shocked to see the Vikings are 3-1, while the Lions are 1-3, after their conference match up Sunday, which the Vikings won 20-13...Before the season started I expected those records to be flipped...I gotta figure the Packers and Bears are starting to take notice of the Vikings now...

That's it for now people...Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: