Saturday, April 18, 2020

COVID-19 (Blog 1)


This is odd...We are well into this COVID-19 quarantine and this is the first blog I'm putting out...The old me that wrote daily would have been all over this shit...But my writing slipped...But as I have been feeling myself getting more and more in a funk, I started thinking it was a good time to start exercising some demons...Get the rants out...Just let it all fly...The good, the bad and the ugly....

So, here in Pennsyltucky, since early March school in the traditional sense is no more for the year...My high school senior like so many other have lost out on all the big Senior moments...Spring Musical cancelled, concerts cancelled, no Prom, no Graduation...It's a big bag of shit for the class of 2020....

But then we come to the at home, online schooling...As my family sits here watching Global Citizen At Home Together, there was this great piece about amazing teachers are being and the great shit they are doing to stay connected with and teach their students...That's great! I'm pro-teacher...Teachers should be paid more...Teachers are great...That said...WTF!?!

Teachers here in my Township are not impressing me at all...They aren't teaching my kids shit...They send an email of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done by...They aren't going over material with the kids before a quiz or test...The kids are going over it themselves...They're teaching themselves...My oldest works with my youngest, because fuck that new math...That shit makes my head want to explode...

I see all these stories of teachers going above and beyond and I see my kids teachers sending an email that says do X, Y, Z, A, B, C, and have it done by this day...Are you shitting me...I honest to God find myself wondering why the fuck are these teachers getting paid their full salary but my friends working at Walmart can't get hazard pay for dealing with the panicky public crashing the store for toilet paper! 


I'm sure this whole thing threw teachers for a loop, and I'm sure they care, and I've got a feeling that not every teacher is doing the intense above and beyond shit they love to show on the ABC news....Thank you to those that are...Those that aren't, I'm still paying taxes...Taxes that go to the school system...You're still getting your full salary...Knuckle up...Step up your game, or give your check to grocery store worker who would be lucky if they make half of what you do.

Stay Healthy

Have a drink

No comments: