Sunday, January 27, 2013

Monday Moaning



   No, my weekend wasn't this good...Sunday started with me hungover, and three kids, (ages 11, 8, and 2) being loud as fuck...My goal was to sleep until 11:00AM, a rare thing in this house...I made it to 9:30AM...As soon as I showed up in the living room, crabby that my kids were so loud, my wife bolted to the grocery store...After she got back, it was a mad scramble to get everyone ready to go to our friends daughter at Build-A-Bear...One of those special Hell on Earth places...Kids, chaos, and money being spent...Luckily it wasn't mine money being spent...I put my foot down that the kids weren't getting any extras...Unfortunately, our friends dropped a helluva buck for all these bears being built...

Our oldest took home a bear with a girl outfit...Well put together...She likes to shop...The Little Beeze came home with a Camouflaged bear wearing his full military digs...Molly got a Girl Scout bear with the uniform and all...They had fun, that's what it's all about...right?

Saturday night we went to a benefit for a guy I went to high school with...He's a firefighter, so automatically he's getting a certain level of respect...He had an accident, and suffered a serious brain injury...He's rehabbing, and getting better...He showed up briefly, and thanked his family and friends and the nearly 1000 people there...I caught up with some guys from high school, saw some other people I hadn't seen in awhile...Had a couple of those conversations that eventually get awkward because it's been so long...Oh, and I drank beers...

After that the wife and I stopped at the old Fish House...We were going to have some dessert, but they set us up with a bunch of apps, so I had a couple more beers...Then we had dessert...Then I wanted to pass out...But of course, when we got home, 2 out of the 3 kids were still up...The oldest and youngest...Some how I got stuck getting Molly down...Me and her crashed on the couch watching the x-games...She loves the skiing and snowboarding....Especially when they wipe out...That's my girl!

The worst part about getting a night out...having to clean the house like crazy, so your sitter doesn't think you're total pieces of shit...Luckily, when I threw on some music to get started with the cleaning, Molly put on a little show, that made things a little easier...




Now some of you may be asking, where's the sports?  Well I've written enough about Manti Te'o....I've beaten that fake, dead girlfriend enough.....What, did you expect a recap of the Pro Bowl?  Who watches that?  Nobody I know...If you watch the Pro Bowl, the worst version of the NFL...1. you don't need a recap of that boring shit...2. Slap yourself!

I have been slowly getting into the NHL...Seeing Rick Nash skating with Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards for the Rangers is a dream come true...

 
Seeing this line lighting the lamp has been great...


These three guys are clicking really well, and while their names and salaries mean they should be doing what they are, caring the offense...It wouldn't be a bad idea to put Richards on the second line and put Stepan between the two play-makers...Richards may be able to get the second line going...That's just me doing some armchair coaching...

 Now, let's talk "Super Bowl"...As many of you have seen, I've had no problem tooting my own horn for correctly predicted the "Super Bowl" matchup at the beginning of the year...Well lets see just how good I am...Here comes my prediction...As much as the conspiracy theorist in me wants to say the Ravens will win, because it's fixed for the NFL and the media's love affair with that asshole Ray Lewis...I can't...Because when I look at everything, the 49ers just look like a better team...So I'm calling it...San Fransico wins...What, you want a score?  San Fran 34 - Baltimore 27...

But the real question my wife wants to know...Who will have the best commercial...I know this...No one will beat this commercial that was made for the "Super Bowl" but got banned...





Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: