Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Beeze's Top Christmas Songs



So last night I broke out my favorite Christmas movies...So of course now it's time to take a look at my top Christmas tunes...Again, not going with the normal numbers...This time I'm stopping at 11...

1.  "Father Christmas"  -The Kinks...The poor kids anthem...Classic Kinks riff...




(Bad video quality but good sound) 

2. "Christmas is a Time to Say I Love You"  -Billy Squier...From the good ole days when MTV played music...To me this has always been an underrated Christmas tune...




3. "2000 Miles"  -The Pretenders...I just love this song...I would call this the best Pretenders song...




4. "Let Me Sleep (It's Christmas Time)"  -Pearl Jam...Back in the early '90s none of us expected  these guys to do a Christmas song, but they did, and it's excellent...




5.  "Blue Christmas"  This one is an old standard...It always makes me think of those I wish were still with us...I'm sure there are plenty of people feeling this year...I don't like Elvis...And since my favorite band did it a couple years ago, I'll go with them...Our Lady Peace...




6.  "Since Santa Ain't Coming"  -Daniel Mustard...For being an anti-Christmas song it's good...But it falls under the scope of Christmas songs, and I like it...




7. "Christmas Song"  -Sleeves...Here's an odd one...A little known one...But it's catchy...




8. "Memory"  -Savatage...Long before you heard of TSO, some of those guys were in a group called Savatage that loved to write Metal Operas...This is from one called "Dead Winter Dead"...It's also where that famous TSO "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) came from...




9. "Let It Snow"  -Dean Martin...Another old standard...You gotta love how Dean could lay it down...And I have to say, the Rat Pack Christmas album is awesome...




10. "Silent Night"  I'm going with the Sarah McLachlan version...But there are so many great versions, it's hard to screw up...If you really want to get depressed check out the Lisa Hannigan version...Uhgg





11. "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis"  -Tom Waits...It's a beautiful song about, just what the title says...There is also a great remake by Neko Case...





That's my list...What's yours like...

The Beeze.

No comments: