Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Not Sure I Like Tim Thomas Anymore


The Boston Bruins went to the White House to meet the President, as all Championship teams do...But Tim Thomas decided to decline the invite saying...

“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers [ sic ] vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.”

Umm, maybe Tim Thomas needs to go back to the University of Vermont and take a History class...People love to use The Constitution and The Founding Fathers as their reason for their beliefs...Let's take a look back at those Founding Fathers and their out-dated Constitution...They were all, un-elected, land owning, (raped the Native Americans of their land...Happy Thanksgiving! ) slave owning, white guys, who didn't allow women to vote...Didn't allow Indians to vote...Didn't allow Blacks to vote...Their Constitution considered Blacks to be three-fifths of a man...So right out of the gate Tim Thomas, using the Founding Fathers line makes you look like a dolt!

And the Founding Fathers' original vision, I would venture to say didn't include, roads, bridges, and railroads all over the entire country, going over, around, and through mountains...Crossing major bodies of water, and rivers...Or keeping up with the ever growing population, and their waste...And educating that population as well...

But I shouldn't be surprised...Often when people come into money, they become more anti-government, and anti-taxes...As Thomas has not been making his millions for very long...Hell, I'm broke, and I'm not a fan of the government, or taxes, but I understand they have a role, and that taxes are needed to take care of things...Thomas seems like one of those dopes that said, "Keep your damn hands off my medicare!" Never mind that medicare is funded by our taxes !

How about this then...Take your own trash to the dump...Plow your streets yourself...Repave those roads and fix those bridges yourself...Teach your own kids how to read and write and count...Just start with that, Mr. INDIVIDUAL, and tell me if you don't want government around...

Yes, Tim Thomas has every right not to attend...He said this was not about politics as he made it about politics...But the classy thing would have been showing a bit of respect for the Office of the President...No matter who is in there, that's the classy thing to do...

And in case you missed my point, The Founding Fathers were assholes!

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: