Sunday, November 14, 2010

Monday Moaning


Yes, it's Monday again and I guess you could say I've had the blues...Not just because it's Monday...I've been in a bit of a funk lately...I'm still feeling like shit, but still doing my duties as a husband, father, and employee of the Fish House...All this combined has kept me from writing, and well sorry to say, but it's kept from giving a damn about the world, and the things that get me ranting...Hopefully I'll be back to my old form soon...Hell, let's just try to work our way out of it right here...

Normally a good looking lady can help me with my funk...Hey look! Erin Andrews rolled into Ohio this week with College Game Day, and she even took some time to take in a Blue Jackets game...


Too bad she was with these two tools! Wow, Erin Andrews at a Jackets game didn't pep me up...Besides being in the middle of a douche sandwich, she's also got that stupid look on her face...Yes Erin, it's stupid looks like that, that make guys pullout and blast you in the face!

Speaking of Hockey...The New York Rangers and Edmonton Oilers got close to some "Old Time Hockey" Sunday...When I saw this starting to happen, I thought we were about to have a bench-clearing brawl...



Wow! Avery reeled him in and suckered him! I'm really wondering how the fines/suspensions may work out...The fact that the Oilers had 8 guys on the ice has to come up...Peckham going after Avery has they are taking him down the tunnel has to come up too...But the biggest thing that has to be talked about, is a topic I have brought up before...All of this started because of a clean check...Avery is a shit-bag, but it was a clean check...I'm sick of players acting like cunts over a clean hit...Fraser knew it, he didn't have a problem with it...If a guy cheap-shots one of yours, fine, kick his ass...If it's clean, return the favor with a clean hit...When did this bitchiness start?

Moving on...After another Saturday double at the Fish House, I headed home, pressure washed my yam bag, and kicked back to watch some football...Sadly, at 11:00PM there isn't much to choose from...So I popped on a game I DVR'ed from earlier in the evening...My Alma Mater, St. Edward vs. Cleveland Glenville...

That's right folks, second round of Ohio High School Playoffs...Two undefeated powers going at it...You may wonder why high school...So you know, between these two schools, there are 21 players projected to be playing Division 1-A College Football...Hell the entire St. Ed's O-Line are already signed...

Early on it was a tight, back-and-forth battle...Glenville went into halftime with a 16-14But once the second half started, The St. Edward Eagles dominated, and blew it wide open, winning 42-22...


Sad to say, I didn't tape the Notre Dame vs. Utah game...It would have been nice to watch an Irish victory...Yes, I said victory...The Fighting Irish took down #14 Utah 28-3...


Even more shocking, they did it without, Dayne Crist, Kyle Rudolph, Armando Allen, Ian Williams, Theo Riddick, and T.J. Jones...From the looks of it, the Irish defense played well, and Freshman QB, Tommy Rees looked good...Nothing outstanding, but good...13 for 20, for 129 yards, 3 touchdowns, and most importantly, no interceptions! Hopefully they can build off of this...

So Sunday I was looking forward to watching the Browns play the Jets...After beating the Saints, then The Patriots, I getting into my old Browns fan feelings...They came out strong, and took it right to the Jets...


Both teams put it all out there...Late in the game, it looked like the Jets had it, but rookie QB Colt McCoy drove his team down and hit Mohamed Massaquoi for a 3 yard touchdown pass, with 44 seconds left...Dawson's extra point tied the game up at 20...Overtime was the same as the game...Back and forth...The Browns had a great chance, but Chansi Stuckey fumbled at the Jets 32...The Browns defense held strong and Nick Folk missed a third field goal on the day...But the Jets defense forced the Browns to punt, and with 16 seconds left, Santonio Holmes scored on a quick strike from Mark Sanchez, and Browns corner Eric Wright completely shit the bed on the play...

I haven't been a huge fan of Eric Mangini, but as I watch this team progress, I keep thinking, maybe he is the guy...I look back when Bill Belichick was coaching here, and how he shit the bed, and how we all hated him...But he learned from it, and now he's doing pretty damn good...Mangini stunk it up in New York, now maybe he's figuring it out...I'm hoping the Browns stick with him...

Now I'm going to knock back a couple Great Lakes Christmas Ales, an crash...What? You don't know about Christmas Ale? Well have a listen!




Yep, it's so good, it makes you do stupid videos like this...




Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your St. Eds team as they seem to be on a roll. Cincy schools are falling like flies. Somehow, 4-loss St. X is getting it together beating Colerain, which missed a PAT (to tie).

Tough loss for the Browns - but he - Brian Kelly's magic worked against the Utes. Meanwhile, he didn't recruit much in Cincy, thus leaving a sparse cupboard.

Have a good week - and get feeling better!