Sunday, November 7, 2010

Monday Moaning


Well normally Monday Moaning is full of sports talk, but sad to say there wasn't much in the sports world that crabbed my interest...It doesn't help that I feel like shit because of an awful case of Bronchitis...Oh, and our furnace died Thursday...Let's start there...

So the fucking furnace took a dump...The one motor was going...I called early in the week and set up an appointment for the guy to come out...Then it crapped out Thursday afternoon...So I called the office and let them know...I specifically asked the woman if the guy would have the part....She said yes...So, the wife crabbed a couple space heaters on her way home, to get us through the night...Yes, the cold weather came moving in this week...

So the guy shows up Friday, about 4:30 in the afternoon..."Yep, it's dead...I can't fix it until Monday." Of course I responded with a, "What the fuck!?!" He didn't have the part, and couldn't get one until Monday...The office never updated him when I called Thursday...So the Beeze family has been running 3 space heaters all weekend...Yes, Friday got really cold...Some areas got snow...Happy November!

Then I figure I'll calm down by going through the stuff sent home from school...Friday was report card day, and my daughter was excited to see how she did...She got a certificate for perfect attendance, and we got a letter telling us what the school fees were this year...The delayed telling us this, until after a school levy renewal was passed...But there was no report card...Call the school, and they said it was in the office with a group of students that weren't paid up for lunches...Except, we are...She checked, and of course I was right...She apologized, and said we'd get it Monday...

Then Sunday night her teacher emailed me...I had sent her an email Friday asking about it, before I called the school...She informed me that the school policy was to hold report cards until the fees were paid...The fees that they had just informed me of, right then...She apologized for the mix up, and explained that many parents were upset about this...I hope so...I also hope they responded like I did...

I sent the school Superintendent an email, stating how ridiculous this was...They were holding parents hostage for money that they had just told us about, like we're all some kind of deadbeats...The phrase, How dare you, was used...Along with a good rant about how disrespectful this is to parents and students...I also made it clear, that if her report card didn't come home Monday, that there is going to be Hell to pay...



Yes, Paul, Everyone is Stupid!

So, Monday should be interesting!

Let me mix in some sports here...I don't know what everyone else will be talking about around the country, but I know what the people in Cleveland are going to be talking about this week...

The Cleveland Browns, beating the living shit out of the New England Patriots...34-14...I found myself in an odd place...I had assumed the Browns would compete, but that the Patriots would do what they do...Well, they didn't...This was the first Browns game that I had watched every minute of this year, and I'm glad I did...My inner Browns fan showed up as I was watching Peyton Hillis run all over the Patriots defense...



Hillis rushed for 184 yards on 29 carries, with 2 touchdowns...He also caught 3 passes for 36 yards...I also have to admit, I haven't been a Colt McCoy fan, but the kid played well...He completed 14 of 19, for 174 yards, including some clutch plays...and NO turnovers...He also rushed 3 times for 20 yards and a touchdown...Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the second coming, but he played well, and he didn't shit the bad, at all...

The best thing to see was the line play...For years, I bitched about people who always wanted the Browns to draft the sexy players, and go after big-money skill guys...To win, you have to start up front...The Browns Offensive line owned New England's defense...And the browns front seven handled handled the Pats O-line...The Browns aren't great, but they're getting better...Maybe Mangina will keep his job a next year...

That's it for now...Let the Bad Times Roll...




Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Browns thumping the Pats also surprised me ... but it was a butt whoopin'. Anyone who loves bruising running backs gotta love watching Hillis.

Could the school offer you the AP to even the situation?

Surprisingly, my lowly Falcon icers split with the 11th-ranked Irish.

Hope the furnace gets fixed SOON!

Anonymous said...

PS: Forgot to mention that my Monday video is for you this week.

http://afrankangle.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/on-twisting-and-hooping/