Sunday, February 1, 2009

Monday Moaning



(these pictures from the Associated Press)


So it's over, and I have to say I was surprised...Not by the outcome...I picked the Cards, but I thought the Steelers were the better team....What surprised me was just how freakin' good this game was....I haven't heard any talk yet about the stupid commercials...This was a great "Super Bowl" and I am truly shocked....

Just when I thought Larry Fitzgerald had wrapped up the "Super Bowl" MVP...Here comes Santonio Holmes ripping it right out of his hands...There was another surprise in this game...Holy sh!t there was a lot of stupid ass penalties...James Harrison had played a great game, but all of that could have been forgotten after his dumb ass Unnecessary roughness penalty...Luckily his team bailed him out...All that said it was a great game and the NFL has to be happy...Congrats to the Steelers, and their fans...As much as it hurts me to say that.

Moving on...If you're a new reader...I do that...I move on...Monday Moaning is me firing off on a few sports topics while mixing in some of my personal life...Like the dumb sh!t my son did this weekend...(don't worry I'll get to that)...I always end with some Notre Dame news, normally Football or Hockey...

Next up is My beloved New York Rangers....The boys in blue dropped their last 2 games...This week they tried to get tougher on the blueline, trading forward Dan Fritsche to the Wild for defensemen Eric Reitz....Fritsche known as a energy guy, and a solid two-way player was caught in a numbers game as the Rangers have too many forwards and were looking for a seventh defensemen...Hopefully Reitz will have more balls then Wade Redden, Dmitri Kalinin, and Michal Rozsival.

But the big story for the Rangers this week is Adam Graves Night...Tuesday night the Rangers will retire Graves' #9 jersey, joining fellow teammates from the 1994 Stanley Cup Champion Team...#2 Brian Leetch, #11 Mark Messier, and #35 Mike Richter....The other retired Rangers are #1 Eddie Giacomin, and #7 Rod Gilbert....

Look for special feature on Adam Graves Monday night/Tuesday morning.

So this weekend sucked...First Friday night little Beeze colored all over the house with marker....My chair...The walls....Carpet...more walls....the stove...More walls....He went nuts...Then he colored on my Strat....I was close people...Seriously I almost put his ass on EBAY....Hell it crossed my mind to start looking for spots to hide the body....But the Mrs. stepped in and calmed me...

After much cleaning we noticed the ceiling leaking ever so slightly....We had a serious build up of Ice on the roof....I spent Saturday on a ladder, in the cold, breaking Ice off the gutters, and the roof....I cleared the snow, and found the problem....Today I was back up there patching things up before our next blast from old man winter later this week...

My hands ached from swinging that hammer so much...I couldn't even beat my meat Saturday night...Mrs. Beeze was on duty thankfully...

So I come in the house today and find out that Dummy McDummy tried to flush some blocks down the sh!tter...I was ready to put his ass in there...So I got out the toilet snake....This I found is a must if you have kids...Well at least little boys...Do Military schools take 4 year olds?

Now it's my favorite part of Monday Moaning....NOTRE DAME HOCKEY...That's right people the #1 team in the country went into this weekend with a 20 game unbeaten streak, and a home-and-home series with rival Michigan....

Friday night the Wolverines ended the Fighting Irish's unbeaten streak as they handed Notre Dame 2-1 loss in Southbend...Ryan Guentzel was the lone goal scorer for the Irish....Goalie Jordan Pearce made 30 saves in the defeat...
-
Saturday night The Irish got there revenge as they traveled to Michigan and beat the Wolverines 3-2...Billy Maday, Ryan Thang, and Calle Ridderwall were the goal scorers for Notre Dame....Pearce made 36 saves in the victory...
-
Next weekend The Fighting Irish travel to Ohio State for two games....Friday nights game will be televised on the CBS College Sports Channel...(613 on DIRECTV)...You're welcome for the plug.


That's it...for now...Have a good week.
-
Later, The Beeze.

10 comments:

bdubsmitty said...

I think you have to wait until he is 5 before a military school will take him, so it looks like you're stuck for a little while longer.

I thought Fitz had the MVP locked when he made that long TD run, but that was an awesome play by Holmes.

I thought the commercials sucked balls this year. But at least the halftime show was finally good again.

I still hate Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson for shitting the bed and ruining the SB halftime show for everyone.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Yeah, my wife will fight me on th emilitary school thing...I thought the game was over after that catch and run...So close to winning!

The commercials weren't anything special...

I hate Justin & Janet, but I have to say I felt let down by the Boss...I've seen him a couple times...I think I wanted a full concert...HA!!!

I thought Prince was good when he did it...

Lester's Legends said...

Dude, your kid is just like mine. Seriously, mine is a terror on wheels man. I never imagined a kid could get in as much trouble as he does. There is one word to describe him. Defiant.

That was a great game, but damn if they wouldn't have just reviewed that last play. That bothered me.

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Lester, I thought his arm was going forward...I thought they would have spent some time on it...

The worst part about my son is that my daughter is an angel...Something about thta second kid...My brother who was the #2 kid was a total pain in my parents ass...At the early ages boys seem to be tougher then girls...I think that will change in a few years..

Anonymous said...

Interesting game to watch - more than usual number of strange plays. Fast Willie let me down ... cost me second place ...

I thought of you Sat AM when I saw the Irish lost to UM ... at least they bounced back on Saturday.

So little Beeze is working on his promotion to a military school. Don't get him a flamethrower for Christmas.

"McSpazz" said...

My boy is the fourth, the first three are girls, but Happy is by far the biggest pain in my ass out of all of them. Every other would is stop, no or WTF are you doing. He's only 2 and everyday I bang my head against the wall knowing this is only the begining. As far as coloring goes he has hit my walls an my big screen. I had to walk out of the house after I found that one. Not to mention the two XBOX controllers he has broken already.

Anonymous said...

James Harrison had played a great game, but all of that could have been forgotten after his dumb ass Unnecessary roughness penalty...Luckily his team bailed him out.

dig that, well said Beeze!


enjoy your day!

Jane said...

The Superbowl was GREAT!

I loved every second of it... well besides the Springsteen half show. Not so greatest, I mean everyone has to step it up after what Prince gave us 2 years ago. Purple Rain in the rain was a classic.

I wanted the Cardinals to win so bad, then Holmes had to ruin it for everyone (or just me). Fitz rocked it.

Did you catch the Bruins vs Habs game btw? What did you think?

The Beeze (aka: Tim McNeeley) said...

Jane, I did watch the Bruins vs the Habs...Those jerseys were bad...The Bruins are a bad ass team...They're doing everything right this year...Great young nucleus...

I loved the Prince halftime show...Dude rips it up on the axe.

3rdStoneFromTheSun said...

great post

your Rangers are a class act

even if I'm hoping my Caps finally hoist a cup