Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Moaning



Well, Christmas is fast approaching...Are you ready...I'm ready for Rosie Jones there to be wrapped up next to my tree!

Megyn Kelly of FOX News has caught some flack for her full throated, not backing down stance, that not only Jesus, but Santa Claus are both white...Now, I never personally got to know these guys, so I can't give a definite answer, but I think comedian Jim Norton summed up the situation best...

"People are mad at Megyn Kelly for saying Jesus and Santa were white,
but not because she mentioned Santa as if he were real?
#CountryOfAssholes"

Yeah...People look pretty stupid when they get worked up over a mythical guy like Santa...But I will say this, in my house, Santa is white...I've got the fucking receipts to prove it...And Santa Beeze is all done shopping...The earliest the Mrs. and I have been done...

But if you are looking for something to get me last minute, this would be sweet...


A mid-70's Fender Starcaster....Awesome, and rare...They've put out a reissue recently...I'd take one of those...


Some reviews are saying the reissues actually play better then the original...I'm willing to try it out...Hint, hint Mrs. Beeze!

-Now for some sports nonsense...As expected, sadly, Jameis Winston won the Heisman Trophy...Why do I say sadly?  Because Jordan Lynch from NIU was invited, but was an afterthought...And Andrea Williams of Boston College, who had one of the great seasons all time at running back, got no respect at all...While he wasn't on my radar pre-season, or even most of the regular season, he should have won...at least top two finish...

But more so why I have become anti-Winston was his reaction to winning...First, he didn't shake the hands of the other finalists when it was announced...I don't think I've ever seen that...Then during his idiotic, rambling speed about "trusting the process" he never mentioned the other finalists...Could have made up for not shaking their hands...Could have shown so real classiness...But he didn't...Yes, he's the youngest guy to ever win it...I don't care, not an excuse...FSU could have, and should have prepped him a bit about dealing with the media, and with his speech...He came off as a total dolt to me...Now, I'm thinking about rooting for Auburn...

-In other expected college football news...Mack Brown announced he was stepping down as head coach at Texas...We all saw it coming...But when Alabama locked up Saban with an extension, I'm sure some people thought Brown would be safe for at least another year...Yeah, I said safe, after saying he was stepping down...We all know Texas pushed him to that...And he's the type of guy to keep it classy...

-Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly has to retool his staff for next year, let alone work shorthanded in their bowl game, as both Offensive Coordinator, Chuck Martin and Defensive Coordinator, Bob Diaco have left for head coaching gigs...Martin to Miami (Ohio) and Diaco to UConn...

But there is good news for the Irish...Quarterback Everett Golson was readmitted at Notre Dame this week...After getting bounced from the team and the University for academic infractions...He spent most of this past semester living in a one bedroom extended stay apartment in San Diego, working with QB coach George Whitfield...Whitfield has worked with Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and Johnny Manziel...This was the longest Whitfield has worked one-on-one with an "elite" quarterback, working  hard to turn Golson into a student of the game....Irish Nation is hoping the work pays off...

I give ND credit for booting their starting QB before the season for screwing up how he did...Many schools wouldn't take that stand...And I give Golson credit for working hard to do what he had to, to get back to Notre Dame...He easily could have transferred, and maybe not learned a thing from what had happened...

-Other Irish news...Notre Dame's men's soccer team won the NCAA National Championship this weekend...I don't follow soccer, and don't care at all...But way to go Irish!

-Sunday, the Cleveland Browns managed to blow another 4th quarter lead, and lost to the Bears...With this type of tank job going on, they better not screw up their draft next year!

-Here at the Beeze house, we had birthday madness this weekend...Our oldest birthday was a couple weeks ago, but with schedules her little sleepover with friends was set back a bit...So the girls came over Friday, had pizza...did the gift thing...Goofed around...Then I took them to the ice rink for open skate...Then it was back here, where they played video games, and wrote a song on the keyboard about a girl they don't like...and whatever else until two in the morning...

That rolled into Molly's birthday on Saturday...So we got the tweens out so we could get things going for the little ones...Molly had a blast...And by 5:00PM, I was wiped out...I can't believe she is 3 already....From this....



To this, way too soon....


Time is flying...


Now for this week's Christmas song...This is Sherwin Sleeves' "Christmas La La Song"...I know some people who can't stand it, but I kind of like it...





Alright...I'm off to a long, busy week at work...Plus mix in Little Beeze's Christmas concert, and our daughter's Christmas band concert...'Tis the season to be busy!

Have a week...

The Beeze.

1 comment:

Buster McNamara said...

completely concur on Lynch & Williams