Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas, Fantasy Football, and Hockey...



Merry Christmas folks...Here we are, the day after Christmas...But I don't stop the holiday spirit right there..."The twelve days of Christmas" start on Christmas...Not before...So I have no problem leaving the lights on...Playing some Christmas music, and watching a couple extra Christmas flicks...I use to get bummed out Christmas night...After all that time, money and energy, for it to all be done in a day was a downer...But I've learned to enjoy it, and extend the fun with the kids...

Oh, the kids...Holy crap did they get spoiled...Every year Mrs. Claus and I say we're going to not spend as much...We're going to scale it back a bit...But then Christmas Eve comes, and we do our thing, and I take a picture, and we realize, 'We've done it again!'




Yeah, they got hooked up!

The kids had a blast...They loved all the stuff they got...Plenty of what they wanted, and plenty of surprises...Especially our oldest, who got a 32 inch TV for her room...Something tells me little brother is going to want to hang out there more...

Mrs. Beeze was also very happy with the sweaters, Kindle Fire HDX, and concert tickets I got her...She was very happy and surprised...I was very surprised when I opened a Rush tin, that had two sets of special edition Rush playing cards...But it also had a $200 Guitar Center gift card for me to put towards my dream guitar...I also got a really nice coat, and NHL14 for the Xbox, so finally my New York Rangers will be playing well!

-For a bit of sports news, I found myself shocked to be in the YouGab Fantasy Football Championship this past week...My team had struggled all year, and to my surprise limped into the playoffs...I had no idea...I hadn't even looked at my roster for a couple weeks...Then Sunday I looked, and I was in the Championship against Uncle B.O.B.  It came down to Monday night and him having Frank Gore going...Luckily, Colin Kappernick liked calling his own number near the goal line...Was to use Gore as a lead blocker...Championship, Beeze!

I may go all next year without trying...Maybe I'll go undefeated!

-Thursday Team USA begins their defense of their World Junior Hockey title...They open against the Czech Republic at 11:30 AM on the NHL Network...Sadly, fucking AT&T Uverse doesn't carry the NHL Network...I've been waiting two years for these two companies work out a deal, and it's pissing me off!

The U.S. then plays Slovakia Saturday, Germany on Sunday, and then the big test comes Tuesday against Canada...Team USA will roll 4 solid lines, and has two top-notch Goalies...Look for Providence College's Jon Gilles (drafted by Calgary) to carry the load...He has the potential to steal a game or two on his own...

If you have a chance to watch any of this tourney, featuring a ton of young hockey talent from all over the world...Check it out...

That's all I have for now...I need to go catch the last West Coast feed of "A Christmas Story"...

I hope you and yours have had and are having a great holiday season...


The Beeze.

1 comment:

Buster McNamara said...

Belated Xmas greetings Beeze