Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday Moaning



I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter weekend...And I hope your Easter Bunny was as giving as this one!

My week was crazy...We'll start on Thursday...I took Little Beeze and his older sister to Holy Thursday Mass...It was required for part of their RCIA class...A number of the kids from school were going to lead the procession into mass with candles...Before they even stepped off, a little girls hair caught fire...No, the boy wasn't involved...Her mother screamed and got it out quickly, but her pony tail was gone...Then the mother, trying to fight it as hard as she could, let out a 15-20 second battle with saying "Mother Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu----cccccccccckkkkk" in the back of the church....The dashes are where her voice dropped out, and we all thought she caught herself...

Then, during the homily, an old lady passed out...Some one called 9-1-1...And she woke up loudly, puking all over herself...The EMT's rolled in, and not so stealthy took her out...All this has me fearing what was going to happen at the Easter Vigil Saturday night, where Little Beeze was being baptized/confirmed, and he and his sister were making their first communion...

And the fear ran high as Saturday's mass started at 9:00PM, outside with a bonfire, candle lighting, and walking into a dark church...Sounds safe right!?! Everything went okay...Long...2 and a half hours, but okay...We got home, to find Molls wide awake...It wasn't until after 12:30AM when they were all asleep...Then I had to put on my fucking bunny ears and hide Easter baskets and eggs...

Sunday, my house was full of over-tired, sugared-up kids, all in need of a nap...And my wife and I running on coffee and wanting naps...It was a lazy day, especially after the ham, mashed potatoes, corn, lamb chops, and asparagus...

But there was some time for dancing...




But it wasn't all church, food, and dancing this weekend...

-There was some intense NCAA Hockey...There were plenty of upsets that took place...In the East, Union upset Boston College before falling to #1 seed Quinnipiac...In the Northeast, #1 seed Umass- Lowell had to battle Wisconsin, and New Hampshire to get to the "Frozen Four"....In the Midwest, #4 St. Cloud State gave #1 seed Notre Dame a 5-1 beating...This was a shocker since the Irish had been one of the hottest teams going into the tourney...Then St. Cloud beat #2 seed Miami (Ohio) to advance...And in the West #4 seed Yale upset #1 Minnesota and #2 North Dakota to earn a trip to the "Frozen Four"...

Quinnipiac, St. Cloud State, Umass-Lowell, and Yale will head to Pittsburgh to play the "Frozen Four" April 11-13...I'm annoyed by the break they take, but they know they'll get no coverage at all with the basketball tourney going on...

-As for basketball, my bracket was pretty much screwed...But Marquette losing killed me totally...Hows yours?

-Sunday night, Major League Baseball kicked off it's season with the Astros and Rangers...Most of the rest the teams get going Monday...I'm slightly excited for the season, if only because it gives us hope that Spring is here...Even though my local Weather guy gave us a heads-up for more cold and possible snow this week...Of Course!  Probably get a blizzard for the Tribe's home opener next week!

I have to say, there is something about Baseball that is bothering me...I never liked the inter-league stuff to begin with, but now with this inter-league game every day crap...It just doesn't make sense when you have two leagues that have different rules...It's time to take a stand...Either DH for everyone, or no DH at all...Bud, you stupid old coot, it's time to make the call already!

-Sunday, a friend of mine posted this LINK on my facebook page...If you were ever concerned about the charities athletes setup, and where the money really goes, you were right to be concerned...Only 8% of the funds in one of Baron Davis' foundations went to charity...Lamar Odom doesn't know what his Charity does...You call Randy Moss' charity, and it's a private residence in Manitoba...There is $300,000 unaccounted for from an Alex Rodriguez charity fundraiser...Give it a read...It could save some people from wasting their money!

-My wife has been a fan of "The Walking Dead"...I saw a few bits and pieces, but never really cared...This week, she got me to watch a bunch of episodes...Which lead up to me watching the season finale...You know what this show did...It fucking annoyed me! Some how, magically, when people die they turn into a Zombie...No explanation...It just is...Fucking childish writing there!   Didn't this shit go down in 2010 supposedly...Why the fuck are they driving a 2013 car!  Shitty advertising ploy there!  I found myself wanting a lot of these people dead...

SPOILER ALERT: One traitorous bitch got what she deserved!

But seriously, America...Between the ads for video games and movies and other TV shows I was seeing while watching a bunch of episodes of "The Walking Dead" I have to ask...When the fuck are you going to grow up?  Enough of this Zombie and Vampire shit...Seriously  Yes, "Reality TV" makes me sick...But beating these two stupid trends to death has just become lazy!  This Zombie, and Vampire shit can eat my ass!

Have a week...

The Beeze

No comments: