Thursday, January 17, 2013

We All Got Catfished



Yesterday DEADSPIN broke the shocking, and odd story, that the dead girl friend of Notre Dame star linebacker, Manti Te'o, wasn't real...She never died, because she never existed...The story is crazy...I read the Deadspin piece 3 times...Why?  Because it is a serious article, with serious allegations, and lots, facts and details...I watched the ND press conference last night...I've read everything I could find on this...It makes me want to puke...

For all the trash people sling at Deadspin, when they do a story like this, they get it right...Unlike Sports Illustrated, ESPN, and NBC, who all did stories on Te'o...They all sung his praises, and all talked about his relationship with this non-existent, dead girlfriend...None, did any investigating apparently...None did any real journalism...None, except the guys at Deadspin...This may be just me, but there are some people at ESPN, NBC, and Sports Illustrated, that need to be fired...

The story of Te'o losing his grandmother, and girlfriend, within 6 hours of each other grabbed people...Then he went out and played a stellar game against Michigan State...The next week against Michigan, he played even better, instead of attending his dead, non-existing, girlfriend's funeral...The Notre Dame student body, alumni, and fans across the country embraced Te'o completely...Hell, much of the college football viewing public found themselves captivated, and rooting for him...He had an great season, and fighting through the painful losses of loved ones was the driving force...

Then in the BCS Championship game, he played like a pile of shit...Maybe he had something on his mind? Notre Dame has since said he came to them just after Christmas, saying that he had been played, Catfished, whatever term you want to use...He found out December 6th...He told them after Christmas...They didn't say anything until the Deadspin story broke...Why such delay?

As much as I want to believe that Te'o got catfished...I can't...Read the DEADSPIN article...Closely...There are too many details to honestly believe that Te'o had nothing to do with this hoax...And if he really got Catfished...Fuck him...Because then he's just a really fucking stupid, idiot...Which would help my theory that Mormons aren't quite right in the head...

I knew I was going to have to write about  this...I was hoping I wouldn't have to rip Te'o...But I just can't buy his side of the story...Maybe I've become to cynical...Maybe I've just excepted that we should just assume the worst case scenario first...But really, what has the world given us lately to help us hold onto hope, and not think the worst?  Fucking, NOTHING!

As of now, I'm calling Manti Te'o fucking liar...An asshole...Clearly a little off in the head...He's fucked up...And he's lost a number of fans...If I'm right...If he is an asshole who was part of carfishing the public, I hope he blows out both of his knees at the NFL combine...I hope he feels some real loss in his life, not just pretend loss...Fuck Manti Te'o!

The Beeze.

No comments: