Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Moaning



We begin this week, with Rosie Jones back in her rightful spot...At the top of Monday Moaning...I hope everyone took a moment to thank a Veteran yesterday...Or at the very least, be thankful for what those Veterans have given for us all...

 I'm going to be honest and up front with you all...I had a few ideas about what I was going to write about in this post, and it wasn't going to be pretty...But I changed my mind...Cooler heads prevailed...I started thinking about the weekend I had with my kids, and how so much other stuff is just meaningless in comparison...That doesn't mean I'm going to quit ranting and raving....No way that is going to happen...I'm just in a different place right now, and why should I work myself up...

 After some crap weather, Saturday rolled in with a nearly perfect day...MY wife and oldest daughter went on a girls shopping day with my mother...Screw that...Little Beeze, Molly and I went to one of our favorite parks...


Here's Molls checking out things on the Lake...We spent some time watching a few boats trying to tow a busted up boat out of the rocks, after the big storm...The temp was in the 60's and the sun was out...There was a Wedding in the park, followed by pictures...There was also a couple of big families having photos taken...The boy and I were trying to come up with a way to photo-bomb them all....Don't tell my wife, but I think he slipped in the one family photo...

After making a nice pasta dinner, it was time for me to get into full College Football mode...just before the BC vs. ND kickoff my brother-in-law in Boston started texting me with a bit of trash talk...I let him know I was so confident, that I was going to miss a bit, while the wife and I bumped uglies...The Irish won...I won...And the wife won twice...You get my College wrap up HERE...

The BCS standing finally have the right team #1...Kansas State...Oregon is 2...Notre Dame is 3...After their loss, Alabama only slipped to 4...I can't wait to see how this year's BCS mess will shake out...

Sunday was another beautiful day...The high hit 69 degrees...We got outside early, as Molly get to playing in her sand box on the porch, while I had coffee and checked out the news on my phone...


Okay, a little news...Some Instagram, and a new golf game on got on my phone...After some breakfast we took a walk and said hi to some dogs...After that, the boy and I got out for a bit of man time...Nope, no sitting around watching Football...The Browns spared Clevelanders, having their bye week...And I'll be honest, I'm just not very interested in the NFL this year...

I did stop to watch the end of the Falcons and Saints game...The Saints pulled out the win, and ended Atlanta's perfect season...Which of course lead to Mercury Morris and his '72 Dolphins buddies, to all cream their pants...Stupid old bastards!

There is one thing I noticed in this great weather that got under my skin...(One no, rant approaching)...There are still people with stupid election ad signs in their yards...Listen, it's over...If your guy won, you look like a gloating ass...If your guy lost, you just look like an ass! The election is over...Everyone was sick of the ads and signs two months ago...Nearly a week later, if you still have a sign up, it's our civic duty to start throwing eggs at your house...

Oh boy...Now, I'm fired up...I'm also tired of the people complaining about winner and losers...There is no changing it...The people have spoken...Stop with the sour grapes...And to the white people who are bitching that there are black people who only voted for the President because he's (half) black...Yes...There are...Just like there are white people who only voted against him because he's (half) black...Neither reason seems right does it, but you're stuck looking at things one-sided...

I'd also like to tell parents to stop saying stupid shit to there kids...My son got shit at school because he said he liked President Obama...Some other little shits, said my son is "on the bad guy's team, because he takes people's guns away."

PLEASE....Please show where these guns the President is taking are...Because this President has done nothing when it comes to gun control...Right now, I can go to Walmart and buy everything I need to shoot the hell out of a movie theater...(huh...Too soon?)

And yes, I voted for President Obama...Why?  Because I support gay marriage...Because while in my own personal life/beliefs I am pro-life...(I've got 3 kids to prove it, and if that test last weekend would have been positive, I'd have #4 on the way)...Politically I am pro-choice...Who the hell am I to say what a woman can or can't do? Next, Bin Laden was killed on President Obama's watch...Clinton didn't get him...Bush didn't get him...That shit earns big points with me...

Romney is a Mormon, and while he doesn't throw his faith in people's faces like hyper-religious Republicans do, there's a reason for that...While he and a great number of Mormons seem like good enough people...That religion is too far from being as crazy as Tom Cruise...(they believe God is on an uncharted planet with the Osmonds waiting for everyone to show up in their magic underwear.)....And his running mate Ryan, not only wants to privatize Social Security, and Medicare, after all these years of taking our hard earned money...But in the long run, he wants to privatize Police and Fire...'What? Your house is burning down? Let's see if you paid your last Fire Bill...No...Sorry, watch it burn.'

Listen, I don't trust any politician...But I really don't trust the R&R boys...

Sorry about that political rant, but a lot of stupid things have been said, and a lot of people don't really dig into all the issues...But now the political bullshit has to stop, and all these DC Dolts need get their asses to work for this country...

My positive side, and my negative side are both driven by the same thing...Hope for our future...My friend FRANK has used versions of this before...But this is my favorite...





Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: