Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Moaning



How's everyone doing out there? I have to say, after having a very rare 4 straight days off, I'm really not feeling this getting back to the grind thing...I had too much fun with the kids...And too much fun  enjoying Notre Dame beating USC, to go undefeated...You can read all about that, and the other college football headlines HERE...

Friday I wrapped up Thanksgiving, and SHARED a few views...The one that seemed to get a bunch of attention on facebook was the fact that I'm not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys...That I'm tired of the amount of media coverage this overrated, underachieving team gets...And that the title "America's Team" bothers me...I don't know how they got this name, but it's crap...I have to admit this though..In my youth I was a Cowboys fan...I loved Tony Dorsett, and those guys back then...How could you not like Tom Landry?  As time went on, it was hard not to like Emmitt Smith and Troy Aikman...But it was easy to not like Michael Irving...He started the trend of asshole Cowboys players...Drugs, hookers, guns, stupid shit, and show-boating....All stuff owner Jerry Jones seemed okay with...Why wouldn't he?  He seems like a show-boatin' kind of guy himself...

I grew up, and I didn't want anything to do with what the Cowboys became...Give me Bill Bates any day over "Pac-Man" and "Prime-time"...

 
 
Besides the big win for Notre Dame at USC Saturday...The Fighting Irish had another big match up this weekend...The University of North Dakota went to South Bend for a two game hockey series...These are two top programs and it was sure to be a good couple of games...


Friday night North Dakota won 2-1...But Saturday the Irish came back and and won 5-2 lead by Anders Lee's 2 goals and 1 assist...

North Dakota has been dealing with a bit more than just Hockey...They've also been dealing with a bit of an identity crisis, after the NCAA got another thing wrong, in their long line of mistakes...The NCAA made them remove their Fighting Sioux, and then Sioux nickname and logo...They aren't allowed a new one until 2015...But they never should have had their name ripped from them...You can read more about it HERE...

They'll always be the Fighting Sioux to me...



Browns fans are happy because the Browns beat the Steelers...Listen, the Steelers were out there with their old, 3rd string QB, Charlie Batch...And then the Steelers just played horribly sloppy football...Turnover, after turnover, after turnover...They were shit...

So the Browns fans are feeling positive, and maybe there is something to build off of...So I ask this...Should the Browns fire coach Pat Shurmur after the season, like so many fans and talking heads have suggested...While I don't like the guy much, I tired of rebuilding every two-three years...Hey, look how Bill Belichick turned out...He never stayed from what he tried to do in Cleveland, and it paid off...Maybe SHurmur is till figuring it out, and Browns fans/ownership needs to be patient...Let me know what you think...

The Browns weren't the best part of my Sunday...Taking the kids ice skating was...I got little Beeze his first pair of skates, and we hit the rink...Kid was big-pimpin'...He was doing okay, but did some acting...He was laying it on with his struggling to figure it all out...SO what happens...He had two little girls helping him, holding his hand, and giving him pointers...Kid was smooth!

That's it for now...Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: