Sunday, May 13, 2012

Monday Moaning


This week's post was going to be mostly about my family's trip to DC...But things didn't work out quite as we planned...We were to leave on Thursday...Monday the wife got a stomach bug...By Tuesday she was fine, but I got it Monday night...I took Tuesday off to try and beat it...Wednesday I was back at work...By Wednesday night, I was dying...Fever over 104, chills, puking, shits, pure hell...I wasn't better Thursday, and the baby got a touch of it...Slight fever, and the Hershey squirts...

The wife and other two kids went...The whole reason for the trip/family get together was her uncle's military funeral at Arlington National Cemetery...


As they rolled into town the first thing they saw was the Washington Monument...I later found out from my brother-in-law that Little Beeze started calling it "The Mega-Weiner"...That's my boy!


There he is with his big sister at "The Mega Weiner."


Here's the boy at The Smithsonian...They were really excited to go there...They were talking about it for a couple weeks...The Mrs. talked about coming back Saturday, knowing that I was having a rough time, and she was missing the baby...But I told her no way...They had to go to the Smithsonian....There was no way they were going to get short-changed because I had the shits...

They got back Sunday, and Molly went bat-shit crazy when they pulled in...She was dying to see her big brother and sister, and mom...It made Mother's Day nice, having mom get home...

So while they were away, what did me and my peanut do, besides being sick...Well, she got over it quick...I didn't start feeling well until Saturday, and then I was still rundown...Over the course of these few days we played a lot at our front window...


That's her favorite place to play with her toys, color, and eat...Oh, and watch the birds, squirrels, and bunnies that hang around our yard...A few mornings we threw some bread out there for the birds, and then she got a kick out of watching them eat...

We also watched plenty of Baseball...Mostly Indians vs Red Sox...Let me say this, it was great seeing the Indians beat the hell out of stupid Josh Beckett, and his over-inflated, arrogant, ego...The Tribe ran his ass in 2 innings, which was good, because I had to go blow mud...Then came the Red Sox bullpen...What a Island of Misfits Toys that thing is...Then the next night was the battle of two mental defective pitchers...Ubaldo Jimenez, and Clay Bucholz...These two dolts just don't want to win games, the way they've been pitching...

The next two games the Sox beat the Tribe down...But the Red Sox pitching has some serious problems...But Saturday's game wasn't really on my radar...I had more important things to do...Early in the day we went to The Hooley...A fun little neighborhood street party with two stages, food, drinks, and more...Molly enjoyed the pony ride, and the Irish Dancers...

After we got home she had a long nap...We had dinner, and got ready to watch the Rangers take on the Capitals in game 7...She wasn't going to bed anytime soon after that nap, let-alone with dad fired up, on the edge of his seat, rooting on his Rangers, who squeaked out a 2-1 win...Monday they take on New Jersey in the Conference Finals...

And for the people who hate on the Rangers like they're the Yankees...Hockey ain't Baseball...Hockey has a salary cap...The Rangers aren't rocking some kind of Yankees like advantage...They've got a team of mostly home grown talent, hard working grinders...Not two lines of super stars...And for the people who cry and go back to the Rangers in the '90s...Yeah, they spent a ton of money, on star vets...What did they get for it...One Cup...They aren't the Yankees...And it was teams spending like that, that got Hockey to fix itself...So fuck off...Thank the Rangers, and watch them take it home this year!

And shit, I can hear the conspiracy theorists now, if it ends up New York, and LA in the Finals...Wake up dummies, and actually watch some Hockey...Look it how these two teams goalies have played...They're un-fucking-real...

Go Rangers, fuck everyone else!

Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: