Sunday, May 27, 2012

Monday Moaning


Happy Memorial Day...Isn't it stupid of us to say "Happy Memorial Day?" I mean, it's a day celebrating those who gave their lives for our country...Why should we be so happy? We go to parades...We fire up the grill, drink beers maybe check out the baseball, and we're over-joyed to not be at work...Yeah, I guess it would suck if we spent all day moping around a cemetery...I guess me and my high-horse are saying, take a few minutes and remember why the hell you aren't at work today...

Now on with our regularly scheduled blog...So far this weekend has been crazy for me...I'm writing this at 10:30 PM Sunday, and all I want to do is sleep...We had to go into Erie, PA Saturday to check on some things with my Father-in-law...I won't get into it all, but he's losing his marbles...During the afternoon, my in laws were all fired up about us taking the kids to a Russian Festival at a local church...Okay, so we get there and all it is, is a bunch of old people listening to people singing in Russian, and some Russian food...Nothing fun for kids to do, except joining their father in a classic, 'U-S-A-U-S-A-U-S-A' chant!

Saturday night we did get to hook up with some friends and check out some Double-A baseball, As the Akron Aeros (Indians) traveled to take on the Erie Seawolves (Tigers)...Erie won 7-3...But more importantly, the kids had fun, and were well behaved...Even over-tired, Molly was there busting a move to "YMCA"...The little Beeze got restless, but that happens when he's tired, and his Allergies are flared up...And they were big time...

When we got back to the in laws, it was way past bedtime...Molly was a bit thrown off about her bedtime surroundings, so I stole my oldest daughters ipod touch and got into the Molly play-list...I've set her up with some good tunes...Most 17 month old kids aren't this cool...She likes Coltrane, Portishead, Damien Rice, and Paul Westerberg a lot...But the first one on there was Billy_the_Kid...And it was Billy that got her to relax and comfortably doze off...

Here's a tune Billy wrote about a guy who was a foster kid, and when he was 18 not knowing what to do or where to go with his life, he signed up to serve in the military...10 years or so later and he keeps going "Back in the Sand."




Sunday morning I took the kids to a park for awhile, then we hit a local Candy store-Ice Cream shop-and Coffee shop...What the hell...Just an evil combination for my fat ass, let alone my sugar loving kids!

Later in the afternoon we headed back home...Then we went to a Memorial Day weekend party at one of our friends house...Like I said at the time...Party just sounds odd to me...But it was great seeing a number of friends...My one buddy from high school and I were just shaking our heads at all the little kids, and the fact that we were responsible for 3 each...Seems crazy sometimes when you think about it...

-In sports...Well, I'm not happy...My New York Rangers lost game 6 Friday night to the New Jersey Devils...That pissed me off enough, but then there were dummies on Twitter...Dummies like ESPN's Mike Greenberg, who was one of many who called the game revenge for the Rangers beating the Devils in 1994...SO I of course had to respond...

"@Espngreeny really, the 3 Cups they won after '94 weren't revenge...You know nothing about Hockey...Shut the hell up!"

"@Espngreeny Your stupid network doesn't even cover Hockey...Be quiet you gash!"


Seriously, revenge...Brodeur is the only Devil left from back then...And there is no one left on the Rangers...How the fuck is it revenge...Like I said, the 3 cups the Devils won after '94 probably made up for it...Fuck stains!

-As for the Stanley Cup Finals, I can't root for the Devils...And I'd feel dirty rooting for the LA Kings...SO I'll sit back and just try to enjoy the hockey...Although with as hot as LA has been, including the stellar play of their goalie Johnathan Quick, I think the Kings will take it...

-Have you heard about Curt Schillings shitty video game company...First he jerked around people in Massachusetts, and got a sweat deal to move to Rhode Island, which included a $75 million loan from the state...Well, 38 Studios (the company's name) couldn't make their $1.25 million payment last week...And their staff hadn't been paid since the end of April...Well, Thursday the entire staff of 379 people were laid off, and lost their health benefits...Somehow I bet ya, Curt and his bloody sock will come out of this okay...Shady fucker will find some way to beat the system, while the little guy, his employees, and the taxpayers will be getting deep dicked!

That's it for now...Well, except for this...




Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: