Sunday, October 23, 2011

Monday Moaning

Alright, before we get to my weekend, which wasn't the best...Let's recap last week...In case you missed my blogs through the week, well I guess I should have expected the weekend to go bad too...It started Tuesday with my rage for what happened in CHINA ...

Then I had my view on this PINK trend...Then I gave my State of the BROWNS address, a day before the walrus Mike Holmgren did...And then there was this whole shooting wild animals THING ...

Then there was the weekend...The Fighting Irish Hockey team opened the new Compton Family Ice Arena...


There's Lefty Smith dropping the first puck...The Irish opened their new home in style, beating RPI 5-2, lead by sophomore Anders Lee's hat-trick! The arena is a beautiful, top-notch facility, that is just going to improve Notre Dame's recruiting ability...The Irish Hockey program has been on the rise for the last 5 years, and this will take them to the next level, which is good since they'll be joining the Hockey_East Conference in the 2013 season...

But that wasn't all going at the Notre Dame campus...The place was all fired up...It was USC week, with a big, prime-time game Saturday night...Here's a bad video of the Midnight Drum Circle...It's amazing how much energy a campus can have before a big game...

That night, I found out my wife's uncle passed away, so that brought the mood down to the dumper...

Saturday afternoon 2U was playing before the game...The best U2 tribute band around! Again, the energy was amazing...

Then the game started...Now, Notre Dame had two weeks to get ready for this...And over the last week, most of what I read about was stupid shit...Like how the helmets were painted extra gold, to look more like the Golden Dome itself...


And how Coach Kelly wanted the crowd to be pumped, and keep the team pumped...They were going to hand out towels to wave, and blast music...Yeah, it's the students fault your team is obsessed with turning the ball over! (sense my mood swing yet)

Hey Coach, blasting "Crazy Train" every single, fucking, third down play, isn't going to help your defense get the stop...Clearly, since every time I heard "Crazy Train" USC would convert for a first down...As a matter of fact, it was fucking annoying!

The Irish lost 31-17, but it wasn't even that close...Freshman George Atkinson's kickoff return for a TD was the Notre Dame highlight...It was what we all hoped would spark the team, but USC would have none of it...Their O-Line over-powered the Irish front seven, all night...And then there were the turnover, again...The 80 yard fumble return for a TD was the kill shot...It was just ugly...All that energy, and excitement, just shot to hell...

Luckily, I got to watch the exciting ending of the Michigan State/Wisconsin game...Nothing like a game ending Hail Mary...




WOW!

Sunday, I watched the Browns win an epic battle with the Seahawks, 6-3...This may have been one of the ugliest games ever...People say, "A win is a win"...This didn't feel like a win...Luckily, I was distracted taking care of the Little Beeze and the baby on my own...She's got a bug, and the highlight was when she crapping her brains out, she started coughing, choked on the phlegm, and puke her guts out all over...Baby shit, and puke everywhere...

Why was I flying solo...The Mrs. took our oldest to the Train Concert in Erie, PA...I'll take baby puke and shit any day over Train and their 3rd grader rhyme schemes!

That's it for now...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: