Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm Not Much of a Chicago Fan Anymore...

I know this blog may be late since the release of "Catching Hell" but I wanted to give it a couple viewings...I have to say, Fuck Chicago!

I grew up a Cubs fan...I'd get home from school and watch Cubs games with my dad...Ryne Sandberg became my favorite player...I loved watching him and Shawon Dunston, Jody Davis, Andrea Dawson, Mark Grace, and a revolving door of crappy third basemen...I realized early on they weren't going to win it all, and some how I bought into the lovable loser crap...Rooting for a losing team comes easy when you grow up in Cleveland I guess...

I grew out of my love of the Cubs, but I always kept up on them...They were my National League team...I remember watching the game, when the infamous Bartman Play happened...I remember Alou losing his shit...But I also remember the team completely falling apart afterwards...I never blamed the dope in the stands...He did what any of us would have done...And when the Cubs lost that game, moved onto the mindset that they'd have to do it in game seven...

Of course they didn't, and as the movie showed, the whole fucking world blamed a fan, Steve Bartman for the Cubs falling apart...Not the shortstop Alex Gonzalez who booted an easy double play ball...Not Dusty Baker for leaving Mark Prior in too long...Not the bullpen who got shelled...Just some fan, who did the same thing as every other fucking fan around him, except the stupid ball hit him...

As I watched this, all I could do was feel awful for this poor bastard...The people at that game, and well a large number of people in the Chicago area acted like complete assholes...As much as I liked Chicago the few times I was there, and as much as I loved the Cubs in my youth, seeing "Catching Hell" makes me think Chicago is on the same level as Philly...And by now, you know how much I hate those fuckers in Philly!

Oh, and Cubs fans, you can't blame Bartman for how the stupid organization ruined Kerry Wood and Mark Prior's arms...And you dumb fucks shouldn't have blamed Bartman for the Cubs being a bunch weak-ass twats.

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: