Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Moaning



Happy Veteran's Day, and happy Monday everyone...

Although there are some people who aren't happy this Monday....Hell, they weren't happy Friday...Yep, I'm talking about the Oregon Ducks...Way to make me look bad you assholes...Last week I'm out here calling you the #1 team in the land...I'm behind your QB for the Heisman, and this what you do...


Don't get me wrong, (5) Stanford is really good...They out-muscled the (3) Ducks on both sides of the line of scrimmage, but I really thought with all their skill, this year the Ducks would finally get past Stanford....And while we're on it, how the fuck did Stanford lose to Utah...What the fucking shit was that!?!  That alone should keep Stanford out of the top 5...

Thursday night also gave us another big-time matchup, as (10) Oklahoma went to (6) Baylor to give the Bears a test to see if they were for real...Well, they are...The Baylor offense started slow, and the often questioned defense held strong, as the Bears dominated the Sooners 41-10...It's really going to piss me off to see a Stanford team that lost to Utah sitting ahead of an undefeated Baylor team...

And while there has been plenty of Heisman talk about a number of QB's, there has been no talk about Baylor QB, Bryce Petty who has passed for 2,657 yards, 21 TD's and 1 INT...He has also rushed for 8 TD's...Take a good look people...His stats are right there with all the favorites...

Miami is in a downward spiral now, after losing to Florida State...Saturday they got rolled 42-24 by Virginia Tech...

My Saturday evening was kicked in the head when the Fighting Irish looked like shit, and lost to Pitt 28-21...Tommy Rees slipped into old habits, and it bit him in the ass...Early in the game standout DL-man Stephon Tuitt was ejected from the game for a targeting penalty...Looking at the replay, the first angle looks like he went helmet to helmet, but the second angle showed his helmet didn't make contact with Pitt QB Tom Savage...

The following is in no way an excuse for the Irish loss...This is simply about the NCAA's targeting rule which is often a bullshit call in my eyes...The penalty is never called on an offensive player, even though offensive players always put their head down, and lead with the crown of their helmet...The play Tuitt got flagged for, Savage got low, and lead with his head...Tuitt will be flagged if he tackles high, he has to try and get low to make the play...But he is also 6 foot, 7 inches, and 325 pounds...He can only get so low...It's a shit penalty....

This video has all the highlights and low-lights of Saturday's game...About 55 seconds in it gets to the Tuitt penalty...




I'm all for player safety, but ejecting players for hits that aren't intentional, or for impacts that are as much the fault of the offensive player, as they are the defensive player...

Yes, there have been plenty of head shots that the call makes total sense...But there have been plenty of hits that are the fault of the offensive player, or even made by an offensive player, and it's allowed...Their you have RB's, WR's, QB's, TE's, lead with your head...Blow the guy, or get nailed and draw a flag...Either way!'

I've got nothing on the NFL this week, except the fucking Colts lost, and bounced me out of my "Knockdown pool"...There were 30 out of 120 left this week...I could have used that scratch...

I spent too much of Sunday doing some fixing up to our bathroom...And then I raked up some leaves so Molly and Finnegan could jump in them...Fucking leaves...I'm anti-raking leaves...They are a natural fertilizer....Leave on the ground, I say...Even better, my idiot city had their leaf collection day about two days before the leaves started falling...DOLTS!

Then we took the kids to the mall...Some shoes were needed, and some new Winter wear...The cold is coming quick...On our way out, Little Beeze, and Molly wanted Chocolate shakes from the Nestle Toll House stand...My oldest got some cookies...I added a shake for myself to the order...Then I watched one of the world's dumbest people try to make 3 shakes...This dummy made them one at a time, instead of putting the ingredients for all three in the same giant blender...And apparently no one taught her to run the scoop under warm water to help her scooping...20 minutes it took for 3 shakes...At one point, my wife looked at me and said, "What the fuck."  If my sweetheart of a wife wants to choke you out, you must be a fucking scourge on this Earth!

That's it for now...

Have a week...

The Beeze.

1 comment:

Buster McNamara said...

The ref are too slow & old to enforce all the nanny rules on the field.