Sunday, February 24, 2013

Monday Moaning



I don't know about you, but I could use a vacation right now...I'm betting I wouldn't be able to come back after a vacation with her...

So things here in Beezeland went from bad, to worse...After all those family issues I addressed in the past couple weeks I thought we were getting back on track...But late last Sunday night we got a call...Late night phone calls are never good...My father-in-law had a stroke at some restaurant...He snuck out...Took the car we just helped my mother-in-law get...Wouldn't leave the place when they were trying to close...Wasn't making sense...Wouldn't show ID...The police were called...he had a stroke....FUCK!

My wife spent the week there in Erie, PA...Her sisters came in from Boston...They spent the week dealing with the family's screwed up financial situation...My father-in-law's Alzheimer's screwed stuff up bad...They were back and forth to the banks, hospital, checking out assisted living places, talking to lawyers...Non-stop headaches, while also trying to keep their mother calm, and worrying about their father's health...

My wife came home Friday wiped out, and knowing she'll have to be heading back within the next couple weeks to finish dealing with this stuff, and cleaning out the house...They have my in laws getting setup to go into an assisted living home...The rest of what is going on I won't get into...So much crap, and so many details...

The kids were thrilled to have her home, and so was I...Molly welcomed her with an overloaded, shit filled diaper...As soon as my wife was done cleaning her up, and before she could get a new diaper on...Molly stood up, and pissed on the carpet, right at her feet...'Welcome home Mom! Think about that next time you leave!'  I had to laugh....She's been very clingy to mom all weekend...

You would think that this is where I would get into the sports talk...I'll try...

The only bit of sports I saw this past week was the Notre Dame/Western Michigan hockey game Friday night...The Irish lost the 3-3 battle in the 6th round of a shootout...But the game goes in the national standing as a tie...The Irish play in the CCHA right now...The only conference that goes to a shootout...But the CCHA will be gone after this year...The Big Ten will have their own Hockey conference ripping Ohio State, Michigan, Mich State, from the CCHA, and Minnesota and Wisconsin from the WCHA...They will all be joined but Penn State's young program...

6 WCHA teams, Colorado College, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth, Nebraska-Omaha, North Dakota, and St. Cloud State, along with Miami (Ohio) and Western Michigan will form the NCHC (National Collegiate Hockey Conference)...

The WCHA will stay alive with Alaska-Anchorage, Bemidji State, Michigan Tech, and Minnesota State...They'll add CCHA teams, Alaska, (that never made sense anyways) Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Northern Michigan, and Bowling Green...

Notre Dame will be heading to the college hockey power house conference, Hockey East...

Are you asleep yet!?!

I have to say, what I've paid a lot of attention to, besides my kids has been this whole Pope stepping down thing...I had watched the HBO documentary MEA_MAXIMA_CULPA...It's all about the Catholic Church's sex scandal, and how a group of deaf guys really blew the story up and got it out there...It also shows how the Pope and the guy before him need to be held accountable...


This pic should have been a warning sign that this guy was no good!

I've been going to religion classes with my two oldest kids for 6 months while they go through the Rite of Catholic Initiation...When we had our oldest, many churches wouldn't baptize her because we didn't get married in the church...So we blew it off until this year when they started at Catholic school...The Pastor there is cool, and has been helpful...During the Easter Vigil Mass they'll be Baptized, make their first confession, and first Communion...

I'm not a real pro-church guy, but the Catholic education I got was good...And theirs has been great so far...And I like the idea of having some help giving them their moral compass...They don't have to buy into it all if they don't want...I didn't...we just want to give them a start...

But from all that I have seen, and been reading, the Church is a lot like our government...It's broken at the top...and upper management...and middle management...While it's little parishes, and small church groups that are doing the right things, and the heavy lifting...If any of this interests you, seriously, watch that documentary...It's great, and horrifying, eye-opening, and excellent.

If you aren't interested in any of this...Sorry...It's what I got this week...Told ya I need a vacation!   Maybe check THIS out...It just won the Oscar for best Documentary!

Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: