Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monday Moaning

No, this week we won't be starting off the post with a hottie...We'll start with Lady Liberty watching over the Ground Zero, and the construction of the Freedom Tower...I remember every detail from that day...From the moment I woke up, through falling asleep with the TV on late that night...We make a point to tell our kids about that day, and what happened...September 11, 2001 was the biggest moment in History, that I have lived through...We have to share our history with our kids, if we want them to learn...

I have no good segue at this point, to move into the much less important shit that I usually post...So here we go...I guess there are things my kids can learn from Notre Dame Football...


They can learn how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, as once again, The Fighting Irish gave away another football game...The Irish moved the ball well against Michigan, and the defense played an excellent first half...But then it all fell apart...Again, too many penalties...And again with the Turnovers...There is a group of Irish fans in love with QB Tommy Rees, and is great demeanor, but guess what...4 interceptions, and 2 fumbles, in a game and a half isn't fucking great!

Then there was this fucking guy....


Michigan QB Denard Robinson was pretty well contained in the first half, but the second half, especially the fourth quarter, he owned the Irish defense...Robinson is a big-time pimp, because he's got at least 11 bitches in his stable...Yes, the Irish D are all his bitches...In two games against Notre Dame, Robinson has over 900 yards of total offense...

As a lifelong ND fan, I'm disgusted...I can't wait for Hockey season...I lost some followers on Twitter Saturday night because of how I was blasting the Irish...But you know what, they earned that blasting...2 games into the season, and they handed both games to their opponents...Many of us Irish faithful had high hopes this season...Now, I'm just hoping they have a game without a turnover...Or one where the defense doesn't fall apart...Shit, it's no longer about wins, now it's just about not sucking...

I spent all last week defending Notre Dame Football to my buddies at work...I'm fucking done with shit...There's no defending this shit!

-Ohio State fan, again, I must remind you to relax...You beat Toledo...Big deal...Oh, by the way, you barely beat Toledo!

-Speaking of shitty Ohio Football...Clevelanders had their hopes up again, about the Browns season...And everyone thought they had an easy win coming Sunday against the Bengals...NOT SO MUCH...7 first quarter penalties for negative 48 yards! unreal! The offense looked awful early...But eventually they let Colt McCoy lose, rolling him out, and letting him look down field...But then they got away from it again...And like Notre Dame, late in the game, the defense crumbled...

I had hoped the Browns could put together a .500 season, but after the play today, and already being thin on the O-Line, and Linebacker, and in the secondary, and having shit at WR...They may be lucky to get 5 wins!

So here I sit...Born and raised Browns fan...Die-hard Notre Dame fan since I was a little kid...Football season has just begun, and I'm disgusted with my teams...Now I love college football, so it will keep my interest...But the Browns, I just don't think I can stomach another rebuilding year, considering every year since 1999 has been about rebuilding...Fantasy Football will keep in tune to the NFL, but I have little hope of the Browns turning it around quickly this year...After Sunday, I feel like it will be another, long, hard, painful, year for Browns fans...

-Did you hear about Joe Torre being a dick to the New York Mets...The Mets asked to wear caps representing 9-11 first responders...Torre, MLB’s executive vice president for baseball operations, threw policy in their face, saying, "We just felt all the major leagues are honoring the same way with the American flag on the uniform and the cap. This is a unanimity thing.”

Heaven forbid, a team from New York, do something special in honor of their city's first responders, who gave so much...Torre is a perfect fit in the MLB offices...Just like Selig, he's a fucking douche bag!

That's all I have for now...Have a week...

Later, The Beeze.

No comments: