Sunday, October 25, 2015

Monday Moaning




Well, that weekend went by too quickly...I had a bad week on my College Pick'em, going 2-3...Oh well...Bad weeks happen...And honestly, I didn't even watch any college football...We had friends over Saturday night, so it was eating, drinking and shooting the shit...

And of course, Sunday I watched no NFL football...And felt even better about my hatred of the NFL when Sunday morning I read THIS...The NFL has bought in, and paid for studies that explain away CTE ( chronic traumatic encephalopathy ) as ex-players being unhappy/sad/depressed that they are no longer famous superstars...Really....Really? What a fucking joke...This coming out, the same weekend as another high school football player in the U.S. dying after a game...All of these high school players deaths caused by the hits they have taken playing/practicing the game and/or practice conditions...

I'm glad my son doesn't like football...I'm glad he has no interest in playing...If he did, I wouldn't let him...Not with what I have been seeing...And I have no faith that these new, lighter weight helmets help prevent head injuries...Plaxico doesn't like the new helmets...




But besides all the helmet talk, the game is being taught wrong on too many levels...I watch high school football games every week...One live, in person...And a couple on TV...More and more kids are looking to make the BIG, highlight hit...The big hits that gave John Madden a boner...The ones ESPN loved showing during top plays...Guys just getting blown up...Linebackers and safeties flying like bullets, head first into a wide receiver or running back...

So many kids I see today are leading with their head...Even the ones not being that stupid, are trying just to blow a guy up with a forearm or shoulder...Why the hell aren't these kids wrapping up and tackling the right way...It's horrible....It's aggravating to watch...And terrifying because the injuries and deaths are starting to pile up...This isn't the football I was taught starting in 5th grade at St. James...It isn't what my dad and and brothers taught me in the backyard with our Hutch equipment before that...Football today sucks...And the NFL, really sucks!

Andre Smith 
Cam'ron Matthews 
Tyrell Cameron
Ben Hamm
Evan Murray
Kenny Bui
Rod Williams
Collin Kelly
Jayvon Quarles 

Those are all names of teenagers...Teenagers who died from injuries playing football...the last two names died in "practice accidents"...This shit shouldn't be happening....


-In other stupid ass football news, "the U"...That's so fucking gay...Do you Miami fags realize you sound like douchebags when you say "the U"?  Anyway...Miami made fans and idiot alumni happy Sunday evening when the fired head football coach, Al Golden...Not surprising after all the noise big name alumni made...Especially after the Hurricanes got thrashed 58-0 by Clemson...Golden while trying to clean up a messy, dirty, program had a 32-25 record in 4 and a half seasons....He'll land on his feet...While hopefully, the stupid fucking "U" will continue to circle the drain...


-The World Series is upon us...While I respect the small market Royals getting back there, and they have some quality, gritty ballplayers, I hate a couple of their big-mouth young pitchers...Besides that, there is something about the Mets...They continued to prove people, including me, all season long...And they have some arms...I'll take the Mets in 5...

That's it for now...

Have a week!



No comments: