Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Moaning


 
Well, I hope everyone had a good Valentine's weekend...I'm sure it wasn't as much fun as it would have been with these two!  But hey, we can dream...

Sunday was billed as Hockey Day in America...They've been trying to hype this for a few years now, and I'm glad...Hockey, not just the NHL does not get the coverage and respect it deserves in the media...And while NBC aired 3 games and talked about the true spirit of Hockey, and the love of pond hockey, it was college hockey that got the closest to pond hockey...

Sunday #12 Notre Dame and #3 Miami (Ohio) squared off at Soldier field for some nice cold, outdoor hockey in the "Hockey City Classic"...


Now we've gotten use to the NHL's Winter Classic, which was lost this year...In these out door games, ice is always an issue...But of all the games, this one seemed to have some real pond hockey ice...The ice rough, slow, and snowy...All that favored Notre Dame, as Miami is a team that relies on their excellent team speed and stretch passing...Notre Dame pulled out a 2-1 victory...


But the Hockey wasn't done there...After the Irish victory, rivals Wisconsin and Minnesota laced them up, as the "Hockey City Classic" was a double-header...


The 18th ranked Badgers topped the 2nd ranked Gophers 3-2...I know I'm in a minority here, but if you're not following college hockey, you're missing out on some great hockey, and a great atmosphere...We often talk and hear about the atmosphere around college football and basketball...That same great atmosphere surrounds hockey as well.

And since I'm talking about hockey...If you aren't paying attention to the NHL, you're missing out on something impressive...So far, in this shortened season, where every game is going to matter so much more then ever before, the Chicago Blackhawks have a 12-0-3 record...They haven't lost a game in regulation...They've earned at least a point in the standings, every game...They've done it in both ends...Lots of offensive skill, but also rock solid defense, and excellent goaltending...This is the team to beat...if you can...

In the News of Useless People, Shitty Country singer Mindy McCready killed herself Sunday...McCready had one successful album...But became more well known for having an affair with Roger Clemens, that started when she was 15...Struggling with drug abuse, and depression, she attempted suicide multiple times, including while pregnant with both of her kids...She finally got it right this time...Hard up for money/attention she released a video of her banging some dude and talking about banging Clemens...She also did a stint on Dr. Drew's celebrity rehab....Boy does that guy suck...At least half the people on that show relapse, or die...

I'm talking about this because it's the last thing I saw before I started writing...Saw it on a facebook link from Buzzfeed...I felt the need to drop my two cents in...

"People are saying "so sad" and "how could she do that to her kids"....I say GOOD! She was useless to this world and her kids. She was on drugs when pregnant....she tried to kill herself when she was pregnant...she never truly cared about them...they're better off without her."

Of course, people didn't like this, and how judgemental I am, and decided to inform me that I was the awful person, not this shitty junkie...One women wrote this to me...

"that's a lot of judgement from a person who gets all there info about a person from the news. Do you know anything about celebrity or the public eye? Harsh words and full of judgment. Not nice. People like you are who probably fed her drug abuse and led her to such pain. I would only say this, not nice. Truly a gross statement. Look in the mirror ..................perfect?"
So I came back with this...

"No, I'm not perfect...But I'm not a junkie either...Nor have tried to kill myself multiple times...Mindy however did....Don't try and blame me because this gash couldn't handle celebrity...She put herself in the spotlight, not me...I didn't feed her drugs...Don't put this on me...I call it like I see it...She didn't care about her life or her kids...The world will be better without her being a drain on society...Yeah, I judge...FREEDOM...It's awesome!"

Then a women named Carrie Parker called me an "asshole" and a "pile of shit"...

So I said,

"So Carrie Parker, you are free to judge me, but I'm not allowed to judge this dead junkie...Typical"

Then I was called "ignorant, insensitive, unenlightened, dense...fool!"  who sickens people, while Mindy McCready was called a "poor tortured soul."

So I said, "She tortured herself...All the help is out there to be had...It's a matter of wanting the help, or just wanting a check from reality TV to get your next fix...You dolts can hate me all you want...It sickens me how you people prop up a dead junkie who didn't give a damn about her kids and try to tell me I'm a bad person."

There were a couple people on  my side...One woman saying, "If you can't handle life, don't create life twice."  Damn right!

The thing is, we spend way too much time giving a shit about celebrities...It's stupid...But even worse is giving a shit about the ones who weren't good people...Weren't much of a celebrity...And didn't even want to live...I feel  like an asshole giving this much time to this twat who didn't give a damn about her kids or herself...But maybe it will help us see that we just waste too much time on these ass-hats!

That's it for now...Have a week...

The Beeze.

No comments: