Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Moaning



Who needs a drink?

I do!  Shit, I already have two...Why waste time getting up and going to the fridge when you have all this room on the desk!?!

That's one of the biggest things I've noticed since going back to working night...I drink more...Not a lot...But I have a couple/few at least 3/4 times a week...You're kind of wound up after the shift...And then you get home, and douche the kitchen stank off of yourself, and you're wide awake...And you know a kid will be waking you up in a handful of hours...So you have a couple to relax, and maybe crash a little easier, and sooner...Unless you get hooked into some dumb movie you've already seen a 100 times...

Then there was Friday night...The Mrs. and I went out for dinner...I had the night off...She had a gift card for Outback Shithouse...The Beer was good...The bloomin' onion was what it is...The Tortilla soup was good, but they need to take the chicken out of the name, since there was none in the soup...Then came our steaks...Her's was good fine...My medium rare came out, barely cooked...It could have moo'ed me a song and done a fucking jig...So, even though I hated doing it, I sent it back...The manager brought a fresh one out, and waited for me to cut into it...As soon as I cut it, he picked it up and said, I'll take care of this...It was that raw, that he stepped in before I could fly off the handle...They bought the steak, and sent out another that was okay...But by that point, I was over it...

Then we went to elsewhere for a couple more drinks, and desert...After that we hit an ATM so we could pay the sitter...Then, we stopped in a lot behind the bank, where the Mrs. dropped an gobbled...That's always a sign of a good night...Dinner may not have been great, but the drinks did their part! Here we are, married 13 years, 3 kids, and she's still a gamer like that...She's the best!

SInce I'm talking about Mrs. Beeze...Almost a month ago I took her to the Christina Perri concert at the House of Blues, for her birthday...I really didn't know the chick with the exception of the few songs my wife an daughter play...I have to admit, she put on a great show, and has a cool voice...But I was even more blown away by the opening act, who was only 17 years old...Her music was more suited for a coffee house, but wow, she's got some talent...She goes by the name Birdy...





And while I'm talking about talented girls...Last Monday was my oldest daughters school band concert...And at one point, their teacher let her put down her clarinet, and her, and a friend took to the keyboard to perform a short piece they wrote themselves...





I'm very proud of them...And I find it refreshing that in 2014, my 12 year old daughter is downloading a the same music on her iphone, that I have...This past week, she just asked me if I added any new Beatles or Rolling Stones songs...We both grabbed some Birdy songs as well...In a world full of one-hit wonders, and bullshit Jay-Z crap, and stupid fucking Bieber, I have a 12 year old daughter searching for good classic rock tunes on iTunes...And yes, I suggested "Gimme Shelter" and "Paint it Black"...And of course, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"...I may try to turn her onto Husker Du this week!

Maybe you're asking, where's the Sports? I don't know, I was working during every damn NHL playoff game I wanted to see...But the Rangers beat the Penguins, and then rolled Montreal Saturday...This after Montreal beat Boston, and somehow managed to still get their Canadian feeling hurt...But if you watch Montreal play, the diving, the crying, and bitching, the cheap shots...You'd understand why people don't like them...They are the Canadian version of the Penguins...Douche-nozzles!

Last I saw, Sterling is still a racist, and keeps saying stupid shit...Tall guys are playing basketball, and I have spent no time or energy on seeing what that's about...Baseball...I'll get to you when Hockey is done...

California Chrome won the Preakness Saturday...I was working...So now, everyone's hopes are up again...Is this the horse that will do it...Finally a Triple Crown winner....Let me answer that for ya...NO! But we're going to get a few weeks of hype...Hopefully it draws more people to watch the Belmont...But you can have California Chrome...I'll take the field...

Have a week...

The Beeze.

1 comment:

Buster McNamara said...

lady in green is on my lap top