Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Moaning




WOW!

That's all you can say...This past week the Cleveland Browns traded Trent Richardson to the Colts...Cleveland fans were pissed, and rightfully so...HERE was my view the day after...Most Browns fans saw it as the organization throwing in the towel on the season...That tied with the fact that 3rd string QB Brian Hoyer was going to start this week's game...Then our pal Radatz posted THIS history of the Browns on Sunday...For those who are unaware of the highs and lows of the franchise, it's a great piece...

So after all this, what happened Sunday?  The Browns rolled into Minnesota, and found their way to a 31-27 victory...The team seemed to have an energy they lacked the first two weeks...A key piece of that spark on offense was the return of Josh Gordon from a two game suspension...Hoyer added another spark...While the Vikings did get three picks, Hoyer seemed to scan the field better then Weeden...And the most noticeable thing he did was get the ball out of his hand quickly...Quick decision making and quick release...Something Weeden hasn't shown...

That said, I'm not planning on seeing the Browns in the postseason...Part of this win falls on the Vikings Defense that has shown a knack to crumble in the fourth quarter...That and their offense has looked one-dimensional...Hoyer is probably not the long term answer, but he could be a nice stop-gap for the time being...Sunday's game may have helped Browns fans' mood...It may have helped people's view of the front office, but I suspect that will be short lived after next week, when in my opinion they'll lose to the Bengals...

-This week College Football was full of a lot of shit games...A week full of many of the big boys beating on smaller programs...People were raving in this neck of the woods about (4) Ohio State destroying FAMU 76-0...Well no offense to FAMU, but Ohio State should have destroyed them...(1) Alabama beat Colorado State 31-6...But don't let the score fool you...'Bama struggled...They didn't pull away until the fourth quarter...Heading into the 4th they were only up 17-6 and the Rams had shut them out in the 3rd quarter...

For the second week in a row, (15) Michigan nearly lost to a team they should have blown out...It wasn't until just under 5 minutes left in the game, that the Wolverines took a 24-21 lead...Did these guys shoot their load against Notre Dame, or are they simply playing down to their competition?

Speaking of (22) Notre Dame, they defeated rival Michigan State 17-13 in a sloppy, sloppy game...both teams didn't look that good...You could call it a defensive battle, and both D's did play well, but both teams racked up too many penalties...And Irish QB Tommy Rees showed too many flashes of his old self...Looking right at his primary target...Not scanning the field...Luckily, MSU's aggressive corners were too busy getting too physical with receivers, drawing penalties, instead of reading Rees' eyes...Sooner or later,  Rees is going to lose a game all on his own...He's just not that good...For 3 years I've been dying to see Andrew Hendrix get a real shot as  the starter...I don't think Coach Kelly has that in his plans unless Rees gets hurt, or full-out shits the bed, which he has done before...The road doesn't get any easier as (14) Oklahoma comes to South Bend this week...

-If you were looking for a shootout this weekend, your game was Friday night as Boise State and Fresno State got it on...I missed the first half...Friday evening I decided I needed to get away from this house for a bit...This new puppy shit added to the mix has been kicking my ass...For some reason, I'm the one this dog wakes up in the middle of the night...And I'm the one he wakes up at 5:30 AM everyday...Between the kids, and my role as Mr. Mom, along with work, mixing in the puppy, I was feeling frazzled...So, I went to a local bar and watched the Indians game and talked movies with some strangers...And I got a solid buzz on...

When I came home, (slice of cheese cake in hand to help stay out of the dog house) I popped on this game...I always enjoy watching both these teams...Sadly, I passed out in my chair...Luckily Finnegan the puppy started jumping on me and scratching my leg to wake me up at 3:30ish AM...The game was being replayed...So I took him to dump, then he ran around the house like a maniac, and threw  stuffed dog a hump be fore he laid back down...And I enjoyed watching Boise State coming back to take the lead with 7 minutes left, followed by Fresno State scoring the game tying TD and game winning extra point with 2 minutes left...41-40 Fresno State...

I ended up staying up until 8:30AM...Then I went to bed for a 3 hours before getting back to the grind...

So, since I mentioned the little mutt...I may a swell share this video I took this past week...And Older couple down the street have the same type of dog...The kids loved seeing it when they would walk him...This dog is what started the push for us to get one...He's a year old now, and has some size on our 6 week old Finnegan...And Finnegan missing playing with his sisters, and dad, was looking to get rough with another dog...This is just tiny bit of what was an hour of Finnegan acting tough...




The other dog, Jasper was actually afraid at first, but he finally realized he could easily knock Finn on his butt...And up until this interaction, we had only heard two tiny barks from Finn...The kids got quite a kick out of it...

That's it for now...

Have a week...

The Beeze.